02 Aprilia RSV Mille or 05 RSV Tuono R?

Maz

Maz

Soldato
Been offered these bikes locally, I have a P4 ZX7R at the mo.

Both bikes have done 10,500 miles both are mint and 02 bike is £1000 cheaper.

Which one should I buy and why?

Soldato
Tuono is the same bike .. same engine/running gear and backend.. only difference is the plastics removed and straight bars and nose fairing .

If its 2005 it will be the old shape. Not to much difference but the newer shape is a little quicker/lighter and and looks abit more modern .

Issues are few .. they tend to be pretty reliable . Issues are starter sprag clutch / one of the main loom connectors getting dirty and shorting . They do have a few weird issues but dont really cause any issues as such . Clutch fluid weeps past the slave and makes the fluid go black (does not affect how it works) and rear brake usually does not work (master cylinder is mounted under the engine )

There thirsty if ridden how intended .. i rarley see more than 80-90 to a tank . Comon upgrades are aftermarket clutch slaves and lower gearing and noisy pipe/pipes .

I have had my 06 now for 5 years and still love it.

3564332465_c409607467_b.jpg

3565130072_eb5c1ba26e_b.jpg

Maz

Maz

Soldato
OP
I viewed the Mille this morning, and I was very impressed with how light it was compared to my ZX7R, this was an 02 done 10k and bike was nearly immaculate couple of little marks with wouldn't bother me given the bike is 10 years old.

I'm going to ring the Tuono bloke and arrange to see it this afternoon, if the Tuono is immaculate I'm probably going to buy it.

Soldato
Great bikes. I've owned my RSV since 2004. I've posted pics and the spec of it a few times, it's been fettled a wee bit for more useable performance.

Any questions on them just fire away, I'm fairly well clued up on these bikes to say the least. ;)

Maz

Maz

Soldato
OP
Great bikes. I've owned my RSV since 2004. I've posted pics and the spec of it a few times, it's been fettled a wee bit for more useable performance.

Any questions on them just fire away, I'm fairly well clued up on these bikes to say the least. ;)

Handy to know, thank you very much :)

Back
Top Bottom