0d error on Crosshair hero motherboards

Associate
Hi all,

Having just built up a new pc I’m getting a failure during boot up with a 0d error (this is following a c5 message) on the internal lcd screen. Along with a constant yellow light on the RAM motherboard light

I’ve tried swapping around memory as that seems to be tips others have mentioned on posts I’ve seen elsewhere

The build is
5900x
Crosshair Dark hero (flashed to latest bios prior to build)
64gb (*16gb sticks) of T Force Extreem 3600
AOI cooler
1000w power supply

Any tips appreciated as at present can’t enjoy my new build

Associate
OP
ok, now have the system booting with memory in slots 1 and 2 further ones away from the cpu, but if i put any memory into slots 3 and 4 it errors, so not sure if this is a sign of motherboard problems or if i need to configure something in the bios to allow 4 * 16gb to be used on the dark hero motherboard

Associate
You will have to manually set values such as vsoc voltage with 4 sticks I would expect, about ~1.1v or so. Make sure Geardown mode (GDM) is enabled. It should be on by default but best to make sure.

You might also need to play with procodt settings. Basically some DRAM calculator needed I would expect.

Associate
Associate
cheers for that link, will take an in-depth look, but in some ways it is good that I'm not the only one having this problem and hopefully as a group we can sort it out :)

I think its just a BIOS issue. Have you updated to 3003? I was able to run all 4 sticks at XMP after that.

Associate
OP
I think its just a BIOS issue. Have you updated to 3003? I was able to run all 4 sticks at XMP after that.
yes, running on 3003 BIOS, did a bios flash before putting system together as I had a 5900x and didn't have an older AMD chip i could build the system with so it was a totally fresh build.

I haven't changed any BIOS settings at all as I expected it to 'Just work' but this doesn't seem to be the case with the AMD systems and motherboards.

I presume from your comments and reading the other thread, you were getting the 0d message and weren't even able to get to BIOS with the four sticks of memory in place?

I've never messed with memory timings before, the only overclocking I've done has been simple CPU overclocking. So this is a new minefield for me.

Are there some simple changes to make before adding in the extra two stick that might allow it to boot up?

Back
Top Bottom