1.4K desktop build (tower no perennials)

Man of Honour
Depending on how you phrase it, of course. if you're doing the troubleshooting for him, then clearly not. you need to approach this as a buyer that's potentially put off by the fault.
"unfortunately, as you cannot exclude which component is causing the issues, and hence the loss in performance, i think that £1700 is higher that i would want to pay"

Soldato
He got fed up of the ram issue so went and bought a whole bigger better setup.

He's getting so much interest in the system.
He sounds like he has the means to duplicate an expensive system while he repairs and sells on the other at a loss?

I've done similar - not to that degree - but the buyer has always profited so sounds legit. Gave me time to sort the problem at my leisure and a friend/family got to benefit.

If you're confident that he's legit and fixing the problem i would keep your hand in.

Man of Honour
Soldato
Get gigabyte has the better customer service , but 3+1 year warranty to 3+2 years (think Zotac have sorted it for no longer needing to go to HK after the first 2/3 years are up

@tamzzy I had a warning today haha :)

Push x470 carbon min if your planning Zen2 high core/high Hz

Soldato
Christ, that build really highlights the monopoly (p*ss take) nVidia has that 60% of the system is the GFX card. :/

@willhub, would you consider optimising for the 1440p monitor if that's your main gaming display(?) - as VEGA VII or a 2080 would help reduce costs considerably and still perform adequately for occasional 4K.

Back
Top Bottom