1 Hour Power Outage at Micron Manufacturing Plant Could Mean Increased DRAM Prices Throughout 2021

Associate
You'd think they'd have backup generators. Especially if 1 hour power outage results in 10% loss of production for future months that's crazy!

But then they wouldn't have an excuse to hike prices so why would they do that.

Permabanned
No, it's click bait.
At any rate, it's all the excuses OCUK need to increase prices with 'justification'

its just no thought it is.. unless it knocked out samsung and hynix too?

and i don't think OcUK can increase prices anymore, everything is cheaper everywhere else. and all other shops are on top of the postage situation.
i waited 4 day for instock items shipping. the other big retailers are doing next day on orders before 12pm

Caporegime
Not unknown for the backup generators to fail. Or run out of fuel.

Not when your talking about this kind of money though. I've worked with generators before, they're routine checks to make sure they don't run out of fuel. If it's going down long enough then they have plans in place for re-fuel. Obviously you can't predict a failure, but they should be tested often.

Soldato
way over blown story. complete BS. 1hr outage means nothng to their yearly production.

articles like that just drive panic and cause confusion so someone can profit from it thats all they are there for. it will do you well to get your chrome to stop suggestions from these sort of news outlets.

Back
Top Bottom