• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1 week old 2080ti gone! Plz advise

Associate
Took delivery of my new asus 2080ti just over a week ago.
Suddenly watching you tube system restarts, now my picture is very blurry, like resolution on the lowest setting, spots black dots on monitor, i initially think its i crash or drive failed, or something, switch off pc, cmos reset, no avail.

Off pc again check components, all cool, check gpu, out and in, connected,

Battery off mobo, system restore but everything blurry, like its on safe mode?

What am i to do?

Soldato
Suddenly watching you tube system restarts, now my picture is very blurry, like resolution on the lowest setting, spots black dots on monitor, i initially think its i crash or drive failed, or something, switch off pc, cmos reset, no avail.

What am i to do?

Return it. It’s obviously faulty

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

What am i to do?

RMA time bro, these cards are known to break a lot, so many threads in here and over the net. Surprised you got one in the end. Thought you was going to wait for the 300 series like me :)

I would just get a refund and stick with a 1080 Ti personally.

Go join this thread: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...-card-if-so-please-post-the-details.18836254/

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...-card-if-so-please-post-the-details.18836254/

Not according to that, if it at all accurately reflects the forum users on here.

@LoadsaMoney Is that your new sig? :p
New sig? He has had the same one forevers. Unless he did a ninja :p

Caporegime
RMA time bro, these cards are known to break a lot, so many threads in here and over the net. Surprised you got one in the end. Thought you was going to wait for the 300 series like me :)

I would just get a refund and stick with a 1080 Ti personally.

Go join this thread: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...-card-if-so-please-post-the-details.18836254/

New sig? He has had the same one forevers. Unless he did a ninja :p

Ive been here that long, ive took root :p

@TNA I meant that! Can’t see real sigs browsing on my phone.

:D

Soldato
^This

Nvidia's market share is over 80% now so they're overconfident and cocky. They have no reason to care anymore. If you want Nvidia to try harder for next gen and lower their prices, buy an AMD card!

Or if you're happy with Nvidia's products and prices, stay with Nvidia.

Associate
OP
Lol guys ive always had asus cards and i refused to believe it was the asus 2080ti that was faulty, touch wood.

Now i couldn't test because i posted out my Asus 1080ti last week, which worked beautifully for the past 1.5 years.

Now out of all my new components for my new build i had an Nvme drive extra memory, cpu and ofcourse a new x299 gigabyte aorus pro motherboard.

My suspect 1st was the gpu, 2nd was the motherboard.

Luckily I still have my asus x99 and 5930k

I reinstalled windows on the old motherboard and now it works beautifully, so its NOT the GPU

Ive had gigabyte boards in the past that failed on me 3 times, why i bought another? Because it had 2x usb 2 headers and 2 usb 3 headers.

I am fuming now becuase a brand new motherboard died after 2 weeks of minor use. I need a new reliable motherboard now, im gonna stick to asus

Anyone know who deals with the gigabyte rma, ? Retail or manufacturer ??

Soldato

What am i to do?

Get a full refund and buy a R7, then pocket the difference. Look in the mirror at the huge grin on your face. Play some games.

The 2080ti's are hot garbage.

Back
Top Bottom