£1000 - What Would You Buy?

Soldato
Buy yourself an ipad and then treat your family to something.

I don't like flippancy towards money but if you must, then that's probably what I would do.

Last edited:
Soldato
Too cut a long story short, I've got £1000 coming my way soon and would pretty much like to blow it on a gadget or gadgets.

I have no interest in saving the money, investing it, going a holiday or keeping it in a safe place till I find what I really want. It would just burn a hole in my pocket.

I don't really need to upgrade my pc at the moment, happy with it. I don't want a laptop.

I am thinking of going for an Ipad 2nd gen when it hits the shops, or maybe waiting to see what other tablets come out... really like the idea of these.

Why not a holiday? one big holiday or two smaller weekend type city breaks!

You like the "idea" of ipad etc? Do you need it/will you use it a lot? If not then its just a massive waste.

Soldato
With that money spare, I'd create a small games room in a garage or spare room. Obviously this depends how cheap you can get either, but should be able to get a pool table, telly and a bit of furniture for around the £1k mark!

Soldato
I'd either spent it on a new bicycle, or save it for when parts on my bicycle fail.

My flatmates are the same as the OP, no interest in saving, they moan at me sometimes for having a large amount of money saved and that I refuse to spend big on nights out, I usually look for the best value for money in what I drink and eat or anything I buy. What I tell them is, I never know when something will crop up that I need the money for.

Good job I saved, my rent went from 82 a week to 94, with the money I saved I was no worse off than the year before. One of my bicycle wheels failed from wear and tear after a year of use, probably 12,000 miles on it maybe more, so I needed a brand new wheel set, that was 175 quid. I then wrote a bicycle off in the summer, I never seen that coming...

Then my flat mates try organise crimbo dinner, the person who is going to order it on their card finds they suddenly have no monies left so they all go buy takeaways instead.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
11A0003.1_preview.jpg

+

prosek_header.jpg

Back
Top Bottom