1070 arriving today! What games to test it out on?

Soldato
Was thinking the New tomb raider. Had it for ages but couldnt get into it at the start, think ill try and push through and may find something there as it does get a lot of praise!

What other, maybe lesser known games could i test it out on?

Also is just cause 3 any good? Looks like a nice game visually but i found jc2 very bland

Soldato
The best screens I see pop up on my Steam feed are for The Division. Lovely looking game.

Then I would suggest GTA with mods.

Soldato
I second The Division.

Maybe try Phantom Pain in 4k DSR. Looks great. I'd also suggest Final Fantasy XIII in 4k DSR. You'll be surprised how good an old PS3 game can look. It's a weird game if you're not used to jrpgs but you'll probably love the combat.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided looks great and is worth trying.
Quantum Break looks amazing at times and the firefights are out of this world (effects!) but you'd have to accept you won't be able to run it perfectly at native 1440p because it's a pretty poor port.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is a must.

The usual suspects:

Witcher 3
GTA V modded
Skyrim modded
Crysis series
Bioshock Infinite
Project CARS
Dying Light

EDIT:

I have Just Cause 3 and have completely given up on it. It's fun for a couple of hours but terribly repetitive and driving just plain sucks. Also, it doesn't run perfectly.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Division for like 10 minutes then uninstall it cos its repetitive grindfest landfill but is pretty.
Crysis 3, Doom (2016), Witcher 3, Fallout 4 modded can look brilliant, GTAV modded can also look superb.

Best looking game I've ever played is The Vanishing of Ethan Carter but it's a walking simulator with a great story and thats not really everyone's cup of tea.

Soldato
OP
The Division for like 10 minutes then uninstall it cos its repetitive grindfest landfill but is pretty.
Crysis 3, Doom (2016), Witcher 3, Fallout 4 modded can look brilliant, GTAV modded can also look superb.

Best looking game I've ever played is The Vanishing of Ethan Carter but it's a walking simulator with a great story and thats not really everyone's cup of tea.

Ah loved ethan carter! Doesnt scream replay value unfortuantly but a solid suggestion!

Soldato
OP
Metro last light runs perfect maxed out except for smaa? .5 no problem but x2 gives about 45fps, why is that such a killer?

Tomb raider played fairly smooth maxed out but i think i need to tone something down to maintain 60fps! The benchmark tool said i was averaging 60 but at times when playin it felt a little slower!

Overwatch runs flawlessly as does shadow of mordor everythink maxed at 1440p

Soldato
Metro 2033 if you want an excuse to buy another one!(like I do now). 1080p, think of anything and it will be as good as your monitor allows. I still like the start of Crysis 3, for a magic all round game, get Forza Horizon 3.

EDIT: If you haven't got Middle Earth: Shadow of Modor, get that first. cdkeys.com selling the complete package for £4.99.

Soldato
OP
Metro 2033 if you want an excuse to buy another one!(like I do now). 1080p, think of anything and it will be as good as your monitor allows. I still like the start of Crysis 3, for a magic all round game, get Forza Horizon 3.

EDIT: If you haven't got Middle Earth: Shadow of Modor, get that first. cdkeys.com selling the complete package for £4.99.

Thats yea it plays mordor really well ultra at 1440p sits around 70-80fps never below! May actually play through that now! Would like fh3 but its having issues from what i hear? Stuttering etc

Soldato
Thats yea it plays mordor really well ultra at 1440p sits around 70-80fps never below! May actually play through that now! Would like fh3 but its having issues from what i hear? Stuttering etc

I'm not an expert when it comes to "stuttering" or stuff like that... Horizon 3 is a thing of beauty in 1440p, a Game of the Year contender, and like I've mentioned, I don't really get driving games.

Shadow of Modor is amazing in 1440p must admit, even in its dreary areas, especially when it's raining!

Soldato
OP
I'm not an expert when it comes to "stuttering" or stuff like that... Horizon 3 is a thing of beauty in 1440p, a Game of the Year contender, and like I've mentioned, I don't really get driving games.

Shadow of Modor is amazing in 1440p must admit, even in its dreary areas, especially when it's raining!

yea its not bad! like the combat too!

will look into forza, wish it was a tad cheaper! card came with Gears 4 which is said to be a looker too

Soldato
Would like fh3 but its having issues from what i hear? Stuttering etc

You'd have to see for yourself as many people claim they have zero issues. Then again, one forum member claimed he didn't feel he was running the game at 30fps after accidentally setting it in the options, so maybe it's a matter of perspective;p 30fps feels like a slideshow in this game IMO.

It's not unplayable for me but I seriously doubt those who claim to have 60fps locked everywhere and no stuttering, especially Surfers Paradise.

Soldato
OP
You'd have to see for yourself as many people claim they have zero issues. Then again, one forum member claimed he didn't feel he was running the game at 30fps after accidentally setting it in the options, so maybe it's a matter of perspective;p 30fps feels like a slideshow in this game IMO.

It's not unplayable for me but I seriously doubt those who claim to have 60fps locked everywhere and no stuttering, especially Surfers Paradise.

Indeed, cant justify £50 to be disappointed at the mo so awaiting the upcomindemo to test it on my system first!

Witcher 3 runs beautifully at max setting (less the hair works)

Soldato
Indeed, cant justify £50 to be disappointed at the mo so awaiting the upcomindemo to test it on my system first!

Witcher 3 runs beautifully at max setting (less the hair works)

Yeah, definitely do that. It's a good game but I'd be hesitant to drop 70 quid on the Ultimate if I knew how it'd run for me beforehand. I'd really like to blame it on my rig but I have no problems with any other game. Stuff like stutters/slowdowns in the tuning menu and problems with launching the game are simply inexcusable.

Back
Top Bottom