• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1070ti or vega 64

Soldato
I've had a LOT more luck with AMD cards than Nvidia tbh. Geforce cards kept becoming unstable after a year or so. I had a few in a row like that which is why I switched. Also look at all the people with failed 20xx cards, not good after spending well over a grand on one.

Associate
My first Vega (64LC) wasn't stable at stock with a gold rated 650 watt psu (EVGA G2) or with a bronze rated 850 watt psu (Corsair TX), So I ordered an 850 platinum psu (Corsair HXi), at stock it was now fine but not with any sort of overclock including the built in turbo setting, plus the new platinum psu (Corsair HXi) introduced horrendous coil whine so both went back as I was worried about keeping the Vega past the returns window incase it was faulty. The next Vega wasn't stable with the 650 watt psu but it was fine with a new 860 watt platinum psu (Seasonic Prime). I've had 2 more Vega 64's since then a Nitro LE 3x8 pin and a Red Devil, both worked fine with the 860 watt psu,
To rule out the power draw as a potential issue I'd stick with a minimum of the 750 watts AMD advise for a Vega 64, Obviously as you spend time on the settings you should be able to undervolt it a fair bit which will reduce the power draw but I think it's important to make sure it works fine with the recommended requirements (750 watt psu). If it isn't you may have problems when you eventually try to sell it on.

Wasn’t a 1000w PSU recommended for the 64LC?

Permabanned
Wasn’t a 1000w PSU recommended for the 64LC?

Yes, but that was overestimated, as im running mine fine on an 860w, and it hasn't been undervolted or nowt, its just out of the box.

You should have a play with it Loadsa, I got an impressive improvement from undervolting & overclocking my Red Devil, I bet your LC has plenty of performance in the tank going unused.

Soldato
i am late to this party, but i would say 1070ti all day with the problems people are reporting with the vaga cards + the driver problems AMD is having with all GPU's.
1070ti as more ram, working drivers, lower power usage.
anything over 1080p on a game with high textures the 1070ti will start to pull away from the vaga. even the lower texture games are starting to close in on 4gb of ram

i am and AMD fanboy but to buy an AMD GPU right now you would have to be on drugs, or it would have to be dam cheap

Back
Top Bottom