1080 Ti FTW3 SLI Wattage Req

Associate
Just curios...

I have a Corsair AX750, so 750W.
Would that be enough to SLI FTW3, no OC's on the cards?
How about a little OC on the cards?

My 4770K is OC'd though, 4.6GHz @ 1.18v.

PS. Not sure if this should be on GPU or PSU section of the forums hehe

Associate
OP
I have owned this AX750 for quite some time.
Dont really want to be replacing it now.

Just wanted to make sure it will work and doesnt break or pop anything before I insert it for SLI really.

So do you think 750W will be okay for a while - play some games and stuff?

Man of Honour
With everything at stock I reckon you will be hitting around 650w so you don't have a lot of headroom even without overclocking. It should be ok for gaming but don't go overclocking those cards. Like I said, if overclocking I would want a 850w+ psu. Please tell me you are gaming at 4k to need that much gpu power?

Associate
OP
With everything at stock I reckon you will be hitting around 650w so you don't have a lot of headroom even without overclocking. It should be ok for gaming but don't go overclocking those cards. Like I said, if overclocking I would want a 850w+ psu. Please tell me you are gaming at 4k to need that much gpu power?
Nop! I own a PG279Q which is a 165Hz 1440p as you probably know. But I know my hardware and SLI FTW3 for that resolution or even 4k60hz is insane!
Dont worry though, I do know my hardware, im not that mental and most of all not that rich.

I have a friend who is going away for an amount of time and he has let me borrow his FTW3. So for science, WHY NOT!

Associate
OP>I have tried running 5930k 4.4ghz and Sli zotac 1080 ti Amp extreme. It drew about 920w. I was using an Corsair AX860 and it still shutdown. It can run it if it just peaks but if it stays at the same wattage it just shutsdown. The cards were stock. You are going to have real problems trying to run that setup.

You won't make it through the the 3d mark benchmark...

Dont't do it, It not even worth risking it even if it ever so slight at popping your psu or popping all components just for the sake of lulz. Caveat emptor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom