1080P gaming with streaming - upgrades rqd?

Associate
Hi all.

Asking for my daughter as she is the one doing this and whilst I understand gaming specs, I'm a luddite when it comes to streaming as well.

Basically her PC runs nearly all games at 1080P no problem but apparently slows when streaming at the same time.

She plays most titles and complains that one of the worst is Call of Duty as it takes half the 16GB on its own.

Spec is as below.
Ryzen 5 2600 cpu
Asus A320M-K m/board
Powercool RX 580 8gb red dragon v2 gpu
Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3000Mhz DDR4
1TB SSD boot and 4TB HD for games/storage

I'm thinking the m/b, cpu and memory as an ideal but would she benefit in simply more memory for now?
Really not sure what resources streaming puts on the system so would appreciate any help / pointers.

Budget is what it is I suppose - about £600 tops but don't want to spend needlessly.

Thanks.

Associate
Install HWInfo64, start it up and check ram and cpu usage in different scenarios. Ideal is to have a second monitor. Then you will know what causes the bottleneck.

Associate
OP
Thanks chaps.

She'll invest in more memory anyway as it never hurts and can be transferred into a new M/B if things go that way, and will also check resources when things are under stress.

Will report back on the findings :)

Man of Honour
Thanks chaps.

She'll invest in more memory anyway as it never hurts and can be transferred into a new M/B if things go that way, and will also check resources when things are under stress.
Will report back on the findings :)

I would sugest 2 x 16gb as theres only 2 ram slots on the motherboard but check anyway.

Back
Top Bottom