• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1080ti Hall-Of Fame Info & Group therapy Thread

OcUK Staff
I would expect to see the card at the end of May to avoid clashing with the FTW3 launch.

Incorrect, you shall be seeing it today!
HOF do not care about EVGA, this HOF destroys the FTW3, its in another league and you shall be able to pre-order today and we will get shipment dates sometime in May, but well worth the rate as this card is king and EVGA shall rival it maybe with a KingPin edition card.

It also have same clock speeds as Zotac AMP Extreme, so its another super quick card at the box.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Hi there

Myself and 8 Pack have being working with KFA2 on designing a smash the rest 1080Ti graphics card, as such we bring you the 8 Pack Edition HOF 1080Ti with the worlds fastest clock speeds and most advanced power management including 3x 8-Pin power connectors making the card absolutely ideal for extreme overclockers.

These cards are cherry picked and were expecting no more than 5-10 units per month, potentially even less as the cards are tested beyond their stated clock speeds meaning the yield rate is extremely poor and this is also why the price is extremely high, you want Elite Tier, you pay Elite Tier. ;)

The regular HOF 8 Pack approved card is every bit as good, we just drop the test clocks to greatly improve yield rate, again these will overclock like champs and for 99.9% of users will be perfect for those who want one of the fastest cards or building a white themed build. :)

We then have the new EX OC cards, which not only look great with both white and black editions, they also feature NVIDIA reference PCB's and they are the first custom cards we have seen at sub £700 to the end user.

Then to finish it of we of course have a clown blower card, people hate it, but you also love it, a true marmite card but one which always sells very well and is perfect for those building a gaming PC that does not have a side window.

KFA2 GeForce GTX 1080Ti HOF "8 Pack Edition" 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £949.99 inc VAT

80IUJBDHQ7LK, Core Clock: 1645MHz, Boost Clock: 1759MHz, Memory: 11264MB 11400MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 3584, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 2 Years Warranty

Only £949.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

KFA2 GeForce GTX 1080Ti HOF "8 Pack Approved" 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £859.99 inc VAT

80IUJBDHQ7FK, Core Clock: 1607MHz, Boost Clock: 1721MHz, Memory: 11264MB 11010MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 3584, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 2 Years Warranty

Only £859.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

KFA2 GeForce GTX 1080Ti EX OC White 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £698.99 inc VAT

80IUJBMDQ0EK, Core Clock: 1531MHz, Boost Clock: 1645MHz, Memory: 11264MB 11010MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 3584, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 2 Years Warranty

Only £698.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

KFA2 GeForce GTX 1080Ti EX OC 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £698.99 inc VAT

80IUJBMDP0EK, Core Clock: 1531MHz, Boost Clock: 1645MHz, Memory: 11264MB 11010MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 3584, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 2 Years Warranty

Only £698.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

KFA2 GeForce GTX 1080Ti Reference Blower 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £649.99 inc VAT

80IUJBMDP9VK, Core Clock: 1480MHz, Boost Clock: 1582MHz, Memory: 11264MB 11010MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 3584, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 2 Years Warranty

Only £649.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

KFA2 along with OcUK's and 8 Pack assistance really have just smashed the rest! :D ;)

Associate
Hi there

Myself and 8 Pack have being working with KFA2 on designing a smash the rest 1080Ti graphics card, as such we bring you the 8 Pack Edition HOF 1080Ti with the worlds fastest clock speeds and most advanced power management including 3x 8-Pin power connectors making the card absolutely ideal for extreme overclockers.

These cards are cherry picked and were expecting no more than 5-10 units per month, potentially even less as the cards are tested beyond their stated clock speeds meaning the yield rate is extremely poor and this is also why the price is extremely high, you want Elite Tier, you pay Elite Tier. ;)

The regular HOF 8 Pack approved card is every bit as good, we just drop the test clocks to greatly improve yield rate, again these will overclock like champs and for 99.9% of users will be perfect for those who want one of the fastest cards or building a white themed build. :)

We then have the new EX OC cards, which not only look great with both white and black editions, they also feature NVIDIA reference PCB's and they are the first custom cards we have seen at sub £700 to the end user.

Then to finish it of we of course have a clown blower card, people hate it, but you also love it, a true marmite card but one which always sells very well and is perfect for those building a gaming PC that does not have a side window.

KFA2 GeForce GTX 1080Ti HOF "8 Pack Edition" 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £949.99 inc VAT

80IUJBDHQ7LK, Core Clock: 1645MHz, Boost Clock: 1759MHz, Memory: 11264MB 11400MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 3584, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 2 Years Warranty

Only £949.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

KFA2 GeForce GTX 1080Ti HOF "8 Pack Approved" 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £859.99 inc VAT

80IUJBDHQ7FK, Core Clock: 1607MHz, Boost Clock: 1721MHz, Memory: 11264MB 11010MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 3584, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 2 Years Warranty

Only £859.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

KFA2 GeForce GTX 1080Ti EX OC White 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £698.99 inc VAT

80IUJBMDQ0EK, Core Clock: 1531MHz, Boost Clock: 1645MHz, Memory: 11264MB 11010MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 3584, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 2 Years Warranty

Only £698.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

KFA2 GeForce GTX 1080Ti EX OC 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £698.99 inc VAT

80IUJBMDP0EK, Core Clock: 1531MHz, Boost Clock: 1645MHz, Memory: 11264MB 11010MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 3584, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 2 Years Warranty

Only £698.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

KFA2 GeForce GTX 1080Ti Reference Blower 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £649.99 inc VAT

80IUJBMDP9VK, Core Clock: 1480MHz, Boost Clock: 1582MHz, Memory: 11264MB 11010MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 3584, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 2 Years Warranty

Only £649.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

KFA2 along with OcUK's and 8 Pack assistance really have just smashed the rest! :D ;)

So Question, does this mean that the regular consumer will not have a single chance of obtaining one that wins the "silicone lottery", because you are testing all of them and only selling the crappiest one's for the regular price, and the ones with good base clock speeds are jacked up in price? Not trying to be rude I am just asking, lol. Also, do you know if the 8pack approved have base clocks reaching 2k or that would be the elite tier you speak of? :O

Lastly I have 1 more urgent question and I cant seem to get a hold of the company, my email I received after my preorder has a merchant ID number but not an order number, which is needed for webnote. Additionally, I cannont for the life of me seem to be able to call out to the UK. My question is, do you only preorder what you know you are able to offer? Or do you take as many preorders as possible and then its first come first serve? I ask because I am wondering if I am guaranteed a card, I placed an order on the 22nd of April, but I read something about being first come first serve, I didn't know if that meant that there may not even be a card for me or just mean preorders are only available while you know the order can be filled. If they are guaranteed barring any kind of freak accident, I may want to upgrade to the 8pack approved, pending an answer to my above questions ^^^^ thank you so much!

Soldato
OP
FYI - if you pre-ordered a HOF it appears the first shipment will arrive in the U.K at the end of next week. It would be nice to know if you can switch over to the limited edition card.

75ZEGR0.jpg

hIHgG6n.jpg

OcUK Staff
The 8Pack LE card is in low numbers because the selection or binning of gpu and memory is very tough to pass. It really is the highest bin myself and Gibbo making sure of this from the start.

Associate
The 8Pack LE card is in low numbers because the selection or binning of gpu and memory is very tough to pass. It really is the highest bin myself and Gibbo making sure of this from the start.

I apologize I am terrible at understanding things some times. So if there is an 8pack approved and 8 pack addition does this mean that the regular consumer will not have a single chance of obtaining one that wins the "silicone lottery", because you are testing all of them and only selling the crappiest one's for the regular price, and the ones with good base clock speeds are jacked up in price? Not trying to be rude I am just asking, lol. Also, do you know if the 8pack approved have base clocks reaching 2k or that would be the elite tier you speak of? :O

Soldato
I apologize I am terrible at understanding things some times. So if there is an 8pack approved and 8 pack addition does this mean that the regular consumer will not have a single chance of obtaining one that wins the "silicone lottery", because you are testing all of them and only selling the crappiest one's for the regular price, and the ones with good base clock speeds are jacked up in price? Not trying to be rude I am just asking, lol. Also, do you know if the 8pack approved have base clocks reaching 2k or that would be the elite tier you speak of? :O

They're not selling the "crappiest" ones. They are allocating the very best to the brand, and the rest are just normal cards. If a card they test can't hit the highest standard they are trying to achieve, then there's every chance that card just missed the cut by a whisker.

This is normal practice, which is why you get variants from most AIB partners i.e. EVGA SC+, EVGA FTW, EVGA Classified. Premium brands also offer more than raw core clock, for example they may have better power delivery etc.

Associate
They're not selling the "crappiest" ones. They are allocating the very best to the brand, and the rest are just normal cards. If a card they test can't hit the highest standard they are trying to achieve, then there's every chance that card just missed the cut by a whisker.

This is normal practice, which is why you get variants from most AIB partners i.e. EVGA SC+, EVGA FTW, EVGA Classified. Premium brands also offer more than raw core clock, for example they may have better power delivery etc.

But by doing this they aren't taking away one of what I assume is an inherent exciting factor to purchasing a GPU, which is the fact that you be have gotten one that wins the "silicone lottery" right? It would be like someone purchasing a pack of pokeman cards from a box where all the desirables are taken away? I would think several people who spend so much on a card hope to obtain a "lucky one" so to speak? Conversely, I feel your example is different because someone can still purchase an EVGA SC+ that clocks higher then the rest. Heck I just saw someone purchased several Zotac 1080ti AMP's and 2 of which had base clocks at 2k+ This 8pack screening ensures that anyone spending this large amount of money will get a card lesser then what they could have possibly obtain if purchased elsewhere. So logically, I would think the price should be cheaper then other stores? Maybe it is, I haven't looked elsewhere and don't intend to, lol. Additionally, I feel with the highest end most premium cards like these, one of the main motives of purchasing them is because its a premium product, they will yield higher amount of "silicone lottery" winners.

Basically what I'm asking is, are they screening every card sent to them and pulling the lucky ones to charge a premium on ensuring that no one could be "lucky" so to speak with the standard? Orrrrrrr did they lets say purchase 50 for themselves and only test the ones they paid for? Then perhaps the ones that don't yield can be sold for ever so slightly cheaper because the "chance of luck" is absent, so to speak. If that's the case that is absolutely fine.

Again I want to reiterate I am in no way trying to be rude nor am I complaining, as you said either way I will be obtaining a card meeting the minimum specs stated by the company. It would just be a bit of bummer to know that I will in no way be able to be one of the "lucky ones." I apologize if I am coming odd as rude or argumentative I am terrible at communication online. I am greatly that this store has the product I wish to obtain, a helpful and forum and knowledgeable staff and I wouldn't give my business anywhere else. Also, forgive the pokemon example it is literally the quickest reference I could think of, lol.

Also! Does anyone know when they actually draft the money? The money for my preorder has yet to be withdrawn so I worry. Do they not charge you until they ship the product? Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

Soldato
With the binning is it just a case of plugging a few hundred gpu chips into a test rig. Trying say 4 different frequencies. Seeing which ones pass which level and then just putting them into each range "bin"?

Then once you've decided which ones perform best you just stick them into a pcb, slap on a fancy cooler and that becomes your elite product?.

I'd assume the Gpus aren't overclocked or stressed in a rig after they are manufactured so how is the binning process more complicated for a high end card?

Surely you know what chips are going into what cards from step one.

Soldato
OP updated with photos from Korean website leak.

3 x 8-pin power connectors !

NHrRAm8.jpg

Not worth it unless your looking at LN2 overclocking. Even then you'll probably have to do some PCB voltage mods as all pascal cards have a hard limit of around 1.093 volts.
Unless which i doubt KFA2 have modified their PCB to get pass nvidia's voltage limit which again i doubt unfortunately as that would get them in trouble. So even two 8pin would be overkill for this card as well as most AIB cards. The extra is just for extreme/ln2 overclockers.

Associate
Not worth it unless your looking at LN2 overclocking. Even then you'll probably have to do some PCB voltage mods as all pascal cards have a hard limit of around 1.093 volts.
Unless which i doubt KFA2 have modified their PCB to get pass nvidia's voltage limit which again i doubt unfortunately as that would get them in trouble. So even two 8pin would be overkill for this card as well as most AIB cards. The extra is just for extreme/ln2 overclockers.

Would plugging in all 3 8 pins be detrimental to the performance for non-overclockers? Lets say I already have some custom sleeved cables that I want to show off, the GPU will only pull the voltage needed, correct? So no harm could come of it? Same question for my mobo, it has an 8 pin and a 4 pin for CPU Power, I wanted to plug into the 4 pin aswell, is this fine if I don't intend to extreme overclock? :o

Back
Top Bottom