• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1080ti prices. Has everyone got a screw loose?

Associate
The only reason I bought my 1080ti was for virtual reality. That's the only reason I'd onsider upgrading, especially if an improved VR headset came out. Unfortunately, I imagine that the price of graphics cards is deterring many people from adopting VR.

Soldato
Well I snagged the other one ;)

giphy.gif

Associate
It's B-grade so we will see....

I paid £150 for a B-Grade R9 290 from OCUK 3 years ago and it was still going strong, until I replaced it with a 1080ti a few months ago.

I wouldn't worry about it being B-Grade - any faults graphics cards tend to be obvious soon after you install them, so the 90 day warranty should be fine. And it's OCUK too.

Just out of interest, what was the price you paid for the B-Grade 1080ti?

Last edited:
Soldato
I paid £150 for a B-Grade R9 290 from OCUK 3 years ago and it was still going strong, until I replaced it with a 1080ti a few months ago. I need to get round to selling the 290...

I wouldn't worry about it being B-Grade - any faults graphics cards tend to be obvious soon after you install them, so the 90 day warranty should be fine. And it's OCUK too.

What's a 290 like compared to a 7970?

Soldato
I paid £150 for a B-Grade R9 290 from OCUK 3 years ago and it was still going strong, until I replaced it with a 1080ti a few months ago.

A very reasonable £689 (these days) with free delivery + DPD in my area deliver on Saturdays for no additional charge.. should the card be 100% my plan is to pop my MSI 1080 on the bay, I'm hoping that the upgrade won't cost me anything after its sold.

Associate
A very reasonable £689 (these days) with free delivery + DPD in my area deliver on Saturdays for no additional charge.. should the card be 100% my plan is to pop my MSI 1080 on the bay, I'm hoping that the upgrade won't cost me anything after its sold.

In the current climate that is a great deal!

Based on my experience, you will get some great use out of the B-Grade card.

Soldato
In the current climate that is a great deal!

Based on my experience, you will get some great use out of the B-Grade card.

Well the card arrived and from the outset looks fine, it would have been sooner but the collection point I arranged with DPD cancelled my delivery for the day...???, anyhow images of the card are here https://imgur.com/gallery/MTGpI (imgur android app doesn't supply bb code for forums grrr)

Soldato
It might be the one I sent back to them, nothing wrong with it if so. I need triple screen Gsync and the Strix won't support it.

Regards
Fred
Did you take the cooler off as the sticker has been punctured on it?

Ran a couple of benches on it on loop and it's rock solid. Happy days going to hold on to the 1080 for a little while before selling it just incase.

Back
Top Bottom