10x 120mm Fans Get Tested With a Fog Machine

Associate
OP
Fog test on Gelid Wing 12's would be helpful, for me at least

Great vid as well :)

I've added it to my long list of fans to test.

Great test, I'm loving the stream from the silverstone penetrator.

Keep up the nice reviews :)

Thanks for watching

Great reviews, good video, lovely presenter:eek:, good to see girl power.:o
Would be great if you could include air volume cfm's for the fans.

You can add BeQuiet Silent Wings USC fans to list to test.

When I film the fog test comparison part 2 i'll add in the fans rated CFM.

Added to the list.

Associate
OP
computers have just got more interesting;)

LOL

:D enjoying the second video keep it up,

noticed you did take on the advice people posted, so thats nice to see. It was better with you talking a little slower :D

Only criticism was that the silence during the fan phase went on a while, even if all i heard was the fans i'd prefer that to the silence.

Other than that great video, i was disappointed with the noctua though... The silverstone though was like an arrow :D

Thanks for the feedback, I initially planed on saying "and next we have the..." & "and finally we have the noctua...." but it didn't quite go according to plan.

Caporegime
I personally wouldn't say the AP121's are great for rads, designed for intake fans more than anything, think bottom mounted blowing up towards a GPU ;)
Ive got a few of the 120 and 140mm air penetrators. Ive never tried them on a heatsink, but as intakes theyre excellent, particularly at forcing air through restrictive spaces such as hdd cages. On my two cases, (lian li a70f and bitfenix shinobi xl), the hdd cages are sideways mounted. Ive used AP fans on both to help with gpu cooling.

Soldato
Awesome work, I was thinking when watching the video that you could overlay some lines to show the extent of the airflow and you did just that so props to you! I like the approach at testing and it's certainly more scientific than most I've seen.

Permabanned
Great comparison, i've been waiting for a comparison like this for some time, thanks!

Im surprised at the Noctua 'focus flow' fans, very expensive, dont push that much air (but are quiet), and other fans that dont market themself to be, are just as 'focused' and cost half the price.

Noctua are very good at marketing.... not the best at making a fan thats worth its value or delivers its promises though

Soldato
Very good video. Seems the APs did quite literally blow the competition out of the water... Will be interesting to see how they do. Once I've got a computer loaded I'll try and remember to subscribe. The nf-f12s were slightly worse than I expected as well.

The only thing I'd say, is it might be worth running the tests more than once, people tend to go with three, because if you do get any notable anomalies then you can exclude them. Or take averages or something.

I'll have to have a bit more of a look into the silverstone fans. How are they for noise compared to the others? From your experience rather than from 'rated' volumes.

I found your speech a lot smoother and generally better in this video as well compared to your first. Really coming along though.

kd

Soldato
Interesting vid thanks. Been looking @ ap121s vs nf-f12s myself for an intake. Subbed so I don't miss the comparison.

As for feedback, I gather you haven't been making vids very long? You look slightly awkward/nervous I guess. Probably takes some time to get used to talking into a lens.

Your mic is fine where it is ;)

Associate
Hi Everyone,

Firstly I'd just like to say a massive thank you to the members of the forum, I have found everyone to be the most welcoming, supporting and helpful that I've come across.

I've finally uploaded the fog test to my channel: http://youtu.be/agXhBh74n2c

In this video I test the airflow of the following fans:
Noctua NF-F12
Silverstone Air Penetrator AP121
Cooler Master SickleFlow 120
Phobya Nano-2G
Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED
Fractal Design FD-FAN-120
Scythe SY1225SL12SH
Corsair Fans (included with the H100)
Enermax T.B.Silence
LIAN LI LI121225BL-4

There's many other fans that I'd love to test and I hope to one day soon upload a part 2.

I'm still very new to YouTube and have much room to improve. Feedback is always welcomed.

Thanks

I love your videos. Big fan :) Does that mean I can be tested ;)

Keep up the good work

Associate
OP
Great comparison, i've been waiting for a comparison like this for some time, thanks!

Im surprised at the Noctua 'focus flow' fans, very expensive, dont push that much air (but are quiet), and other fans that dont market themself to be, are just as 'focused' and cost half the price.

Noctua are very good at marketing.... not the best at making a fan thats worth its value or delivers its promises though

Very good video. Seems the APs did quite literally blow the competition out of the water... Will be interesting to see how they do. Once I've got a computer loaded I'll try and remember to subscribe. The nf-f12s were slightly worse than I expected as well.

The only thing I'd say, is it might be worth running the tests more than once, people tend to go with three, because if you do get any notable anomalies then you can exclude them. Or take averages or something.

I'll have to have a bit more of a look into the silverstone fans. How are they for noise compared to the others? From your experience rather than from 'rated' volumes.

I found your speech a lot smoother and generally better in this video as well compared to your first. Really coming along though.

kd

Interesting vid thanks. Been looking @ ap121s vs nf-f12s myself for an intake. Subbed so I don't miss the comparison.

As for feedback, I gather you haven't been making vids very long? You look slightly awkward/nervous I guess. Probably takes some time to get used to talking into a lens.

Your mic is fine where it is ;)

I've added this to the initial post to prevent confusion.

Just thought I'd remind everyone that whilst the Noctua NF-F12 doesn't have the narrowest stream of smoke, it did outperform both the Silverstone and the BitFenix in the first performance comparison. This will be analysed in detail in our upcoming video. Unfortunately due to loud construction work being done to the house, this won't be done for a few days.

Thanks for all the feedback guys :)

Soldato
I'm surprised 5ub isn't here yet....

Nice video and good analysis, is it just you on your own doing these or is someone else helping you? I only ask because you said "our" tests in the video. Either way well done.

Soldato
Whilst the obvious draws them in I'm not sure it helps with credibility. You may be really in to it or a front for a team but people will question things. Of course the testosterone rich young men on these type of forums will tune in regardless...maybe that's the idea? ;)

Regardless the content seemed pretty good though I would dispense with the smoke tests and cut to the chase and concentrate on temps.

Back
Top Bottom