1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£1100-£1200 Gaming pc

Discussion in 'OcUK Full Systems & Bundles' started by RyanUNDEAD, Dec 15, 2018.

1. RyanUNDEAD

Associate

I'm looking to build a new rig as mine is 5 years old. I only need the PC, I have all other things. I currently use 2 GL2250's but I'm considering upgrading my main monitor to a 144hz one in the future. I play a range of games: Total War: Warhammer, Overwatch, Destiny 2, Forza, CSGO, to name a few.

I haven't been keeping updated with gaming setups, so any advice would be great.

2. Quartz

Soldato

Is that going to be a separate budget?

3. RyanUNDEAD

Associate

Yes the entirety of my budget is for the new PC. I'll get the Monitor later next year, when I have some spare cash.

4. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

My basket at Overclockers UK:
    Total: £1,103.45 (includes shipping: £12.60)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Freesync screens are a lot cheaper :)

Intel version

My basket at Overclockers UK:
    Total: £1,141.48 (includes shipping: £12.60) ​
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  5. RyanUNDEAD

Associate

I like this build, only thing I was considering is it worth going for the bundle with the 2700x and the 370x? I'm not sure what performance advantages between the two options.
    Thanks.

6. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

Strix 2700x bundle is a nice deal . I just went for x470 that had WiFi as most now using pcs without having to use long net cables etc .
    2700x is a great chip that should last a bit longer or if you need to do any workloads etc

7. mark43

Mobster

I've just completed a build with a very similar budget to you, I decided while spending that amount I may as well pay the extra for the 2700X and went for the bundle. On reflection a board with WiFi might have been worth having, not something I thought about at the time, though not really an issue.