£1200 - Dell Studio XPS 16 - with ssd?

Soldato
They won't change the spec - ever - they simply cancel your existing order and place a new order.

I originally had one of these ordered, but cancelled and ordered a Studio 15 instead (saved me about £400!), and the ETA was looking like early December, this was at the start of this month.

Soldato
AFAIK they don't have any UK based staff :(

EDIT: Remember if you change your order over the phone you'll probably lose out on Quidco cashback.

Associate
Theres a new firmware on the Dell support site for the seagate 500gb drive, states that it fixes the clicking issue.

I've not had any problems with mine, has anyone updated the firmware on their drive?

Sam

Sam

Soldato
From the reviews, yes. I wouldn't spend £1000 on a laptop and then get the inferior screen, especially as the screen is (imo) the most important part in most setups.

Jaime

I cant see how the display could get much better, its simply fantastic :D What res does the RGBLED 16' display ?

Sam

Sam

Soldato
I think they may have given me the RGBLED display by accident, how can i tell

Im running 1920 x 1080 and i cant see how a display could get any better :s

*Anyone know how you make the music shortcut keys work when your not directly in itunes ? I have to have the actual prog up to change tracks :s

Sam

Last edited:
Associate
RGBLED and WLED screens are now both 1920 x 1080, but the RGBLED is specced as a 16" screen, the WLED as a 15.6". I suppose someone who has the RGBLED could measure the diagonal and let you know what it actually measures.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
Nope i just looked at some picures and i think i have the 15.6. Still cant see how a display can get any better :p the colours are simply fantastic

:) Sam

Soldato
Nope i just looked at some picures and i think i have the 15.6. Still cant see how a display can get any better :p the colours are simply fantastic

:) Sam

The 15.6" WLED screens in the Studio 15 (as I have) and the XPS Studio 16 (as you have) are fantastic, but the 16" RGBLED is even better (if you can believe it!), however if you aren't doing graphics work it maybe isn't worthwhile/noticeable. I'm certainly delighted with the WLED screen :)

Sam

Sam

Soldato
Anyone know how i can get the media buttons (play pause next track etc) work with itunes all the time ? At the moment it will only work when i have itunes up which is bloody useless

Cheers

Sam

Associate
Have you got the dell driver for the media buttons installed? I'm not using itunes on this install but my buttons work for WMP and other apps when the application doesnt have focus as well as when it does.

Soldato
I've had mine for a few months now, it's insane with the 256GB Solid State Hard Drive, boots from cold to fully loaded windows desktop in 30 seconds. Totally silent too, it's eerie after using a normal hard drive.

The laptop looks amazing as well, and the screen is so good. The keyboard is nice, and so is the backlighting.

Would choose the same laptop again if I went back.

Back
Top Bottom