• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

£1200 for an rx6800xt?!

Associate
Some scalpers have been buying from the Nvidia shop at MRSP. However, not all scalped cards have been brought at MRSP, if you buy from an etailer, using a bot, at say £600 and sell on at £900, its still £300 profit

Associate
Facepalm. Not this old trope again...

It's such simp-listic nonsense. The point isn't that the consumer is not forced to buy, it is about ripping the consumer off...which in time leads to increased prices across the board,Titans>Turning>This gen>Next gen...prices have increased exponentially and they will do so again because even with supply and demand back to normal precedents have been set.

This is what short-sighted people like you never see, you never look beyond the Captain Obvious uhhhh it's capitalism/don't have to buy duuuhhhh...

On the other hand you seem to happy contradicting yourself, so God only knows what you mean, I doubt you know either.

I know what im saying.
Low prices achieved by competition only, and lets face it GPU market have no competition.
Im sad the way things are, unfortunately there is nothing i can do to change it, the only thing i can do is vote with my wallet. And so i do.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

All 6800XT's now sold out - so much for some people saying they wouldn't sell at 1200 quid plus!

Associate
All 6800XT's now sold out - so much for some people saying they wouldn't sell at 1200 quid plus!
I figured theyd all sell out. When 3080fe sells at cex for £1900, a 6800xt for £1200 is almost a bargin...

They did last longer than any other GPU in the last months though... what 4 days before all sold?

Soldato
Facepalm. Not this old trope again...

It's such simp-listic nonsense. The point isn't that the consumer is not forced to buy, it is about ripping the consumer off...which in time leads to increased prices across the board,Titans>Turning>This gen>Next gen...prices have increased exponentially and they will do so again because even with supply and demand back to normal precedents have been set.

This is what short-sighted people like you never see, you never look beyond the Captain Obvious uhhhh it's capitalism/don't have to buy duuuhhhh...

On the other hand you seem to happy contradicting yourself, so God only knows what you mean, I doubt you know either.
:cool: bingo

Caporegime

I don't even think they did sell out, a lot of them were still saying 10+ and a few of those listings went missing yesterday and then reappeared today, the gigabyte card for example last night wasn't listed despite stock levels still saying 10+ before it vanished then suddenly it's back today. Looks to me more like a lot of them were removed from sale. For all we know the prices have went up yet again and they'll be relisted again at a higher price at some point.

Associate
I kept hold of a 6800XT with a slightly dodgy middle fan that I got in the end of January drop as I couldn't be sure that I could get an RMA on it.
Glad I did now as anything above 4 figures would have been a line I wouldn't cross.

Associate
Forget loyalty, its dead, look elsewhere, or just forget pcs for a while and enjoy the freedom of been allowed to go back outside and see people again. Theres more to life than epenis waving.

O, and if an employee of OCUK happens to walk into your shop remember to shove up all your prices haha! :)

Caporegime
Forget loyalty, its dead, look elsewhere, or just forget pcs for a while and enjoy the freedom of been allowed to go back outside and see people again. Theres more to life than epenis waving.
I wish people would stop saying silly things like this.

Most people buy upgrades because they enjoy gaming and want to enjoy it more, not for some stupid internet cred.

Do some people think like that? Sure, possibly even some people here :p But most of us just want to play.

And saying, "Try another hobby," is not really helping, tbh.

Associate
It's a real shame to see all these retailers scalping us, sneaking the scapled prices in bundles and blatantly in their pricing.:mad:
I agree, the solution is to vote with your wallet. OCUK are part of the problem and are making a huge amount of money out of this although everyone in the supply chain is taking their cut. I'm sitting this out until things return to normal and when they do
I'll buy direct from Nvidia or AMD (if AMD ever sort their UK online store out) but certainly not from retailers who have put greed ahead of good will.

Permabanned
I agree, the solution is to vote with your wallet. OCUK are part of the problem and are making a huge amount of money out of this although everyone in the supply chain is taking their cut. I'm sitting this out until things return to normal and when they do
I'll buy direct from Nvidia or AMD (if AMD ever sort their UK online store out) but certainly not from retailers who have put greed ahead of good will.

A retailer said that they would be making big losses if they sold at msrp.

I really don't want them to make a loss !

So then, I think manufacturers, AIBs and retailers are not making losses if they sell overpriced. Unfortunately, it's the customer taking the hit to get the product. Maybe AIBs and retailers could do something to reduce the hit to customers . Maybe issue store vouchers with each purchase ?

Caporegime
I really haven't been paying attention to all of this silliness. I think I remember Linus saying it will go well into 2022.

Glad my Vega 56 still has some clout and plenty of games on my to-do list from the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom