£1200 Gaming learning pc advice.

Associate
Hello,

I'm looking for a new PC for gaming and learning programming (python) if it matters.

I have actually about 1200£ to spend on everything (case monitor keyboard hardware)
I'd like to get 16gb ram if possible ;)
Tell me best build I can get for this money.
Actually i've got Lenovo G580 with SSD 8gb ram.

I'd like to get SSD drive, OS not required.

Regards,
Mihau

Last edited:
Soldato
morning, seems python can pretty much run on anything which is golden! means you can focus on getting best bang for buck with gaming (only need 2GB of ram to run python )

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,227.07 (includes shipping: £13.20)

system should last you a good while and ryzen has a great lifespan on AM4 platform
gigabyte/aorus for uk rma and support if needs be, solid PSU without going cheap

intel will still have edge with Pure gaming and sure other will help quote that :)

Soldato
Any other suggestions with monitors, please ?

Hopefully others will list model numbers as over 60hz won't be in your budget with gtx 1070ti , could dial the GPU to a lessor card and up the monitor

Total: £1,226.87 (includes shipping: £0.00)

As a heads up, can use StoreMI to turn the 1TB HDD into a slight ghtly slower version of an SSD drive using the 240GB unit to combine the two :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Two more question before I'll buy that.
Does it have WIFI and can it handle 200 Mbs from Virgin media, i mean can I get full speed using that motherboard ?

Thanks so much for all replies.

Soldato
Two more question before I'll buy that.
Does it have WIFI and can it handle 200 Mbs from Virgin media, i mean can I get full speed using that motherboard ?

Thanks so much for all replies.

Aorus 5/7 are the boards with WiFi, have best WiFi out of any X470 boards . Worth a quick Google on it to see. Did disappointing from Asus that they didn't follow and used older models

Personally, get the 5, 7 is overkill

Total: £391.08 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

Last edited:
Soldato
Well most of the time RTS/RPG, some times Counter Strike, I dont think i'll like curved screen.

Regards,
Michal

To be honest , with RTS and RPGs would rather have 1440p 60hz or 1080p ultra wide screen to get the real estate in game . Curved screen are good for ultra wide

Total: £543.04 (includes shipping: £14.10)​

Though gtx 1060 would struggle at 1440p and need to have settings turned down, should be fine for 1080p ultra wide

Back
Top Bottom