120Hz capable HDMI to DVI cable

Soldato
Hi Guys,
Can anyone point me in the direction of a (hopefully not too expensive) 120Hz-compatible HDMI-to-DVI cable?

I've managed to get hold of an RX480 for a pittance and my old card, but the downside is the custom card I was originally offered turned out to be dead (NOOOOOOOOOO, it was so shiny!), so I've been offered a reference in exchange (they didn't have anything else), which only has DP or HDMI 2.0.

My monitor is 120Hz via DVI only, so I need a suitable cable or adaptor without spending a bomb! :) Last I heard active DP adaptors were very expensive!

Man of Honour
AFAIK you will need an active adaptor which ain't cheap - I don't believe there are any passive HDMI to dual link DVI that actually support the bandwidth required despite what some claim - the only reliable DP to dual link DVI adaptor I know of is over £100.

(EDIT: Out of the passive ones I've only actually tested the HDMI ones though - there are some cheapy passive DP ones that claim to work but I've not tested them - user reviews seem mixed)

Soldato
OP
Nothing that is HDMI 2.0/1.4 (which should be compatible) to DVI?
Was hoping to avoid a DP active adaptor and just get a standard HDMI to DVI cable :(

This being the case I may have to lean on the suppliers of my RX480 and see if I can get them to pull another custom one from somewhere, if there is no easy option :(

Soldato
OP
Turned out, madly enough the HDMI-DVI cable actually did kinda work, although was noting 'sparklies' at 120Hz, and I think at 100Hz although less noticable.
Unfortunately the card I got turned out also to have an intermittant fault, so definately going for round 3 now!

Back
Top Bottom