€12qn phone bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19908095

Figured you lot would enjoy a good laugh, so have this story from the BBC!

A woman in south-west France, who received a telephone bill of nearly 12 quadrillion euros, has had the real amount she owed waived - after the company admitted its mistake.

Solenne San Jose, from Pessac outside Bordeaux, said she received a huge shock when she opened the bill for 11,721,000,000,000,000 euros (£9.4qn).

This is nearly 6,000 times France's annual economic output.

The phone company, Bouygues Telecom, initially told her there was nothing they could do to amend the computer-generated statement and later offered to set up instalments to pay off the bill.

Key quotes there. I love the fact that she called them up, they must have looked at the bill and decided 'Yeah, that looks accurate, so pay up. Though if you pay €100/month then you will have repaid the bill in 9,767,500,000,000 years.

Associate
"Bouygues Telecom, initially told her there was nothing they could do to amend the computer-generated statement and later offered to set up instalments to pay off the bill."

:eek::confused::D

Soldato
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19908095

Figured you lot would enjoy a good laugh, so have this story from the BBC!

Key quotes there. I love the fact that she called them up, they must have looked at the bill and decided 'Yeah, that looks accurate, so pay up. Though if you pay €100/month then you will have repaid the bill in 9,767,500,000,000 years.

i dont think €100 a month would ever pay it off because of inflation :eek:

Permabanned
It would have been funnier waiting for it to go to the equivilent debt or civil recovery action!

I really suspect that Germany was syphoning off the French National Grid by rigging the old ladies fuseboard, all hushed up now due to diplomatic embarrassment of course..

Soldato
It would have been funnier waiting for it to go to the equivilent debt or civil recovery action!

I really suspect that Germany was syphoning off the French National Grid by rigging the old ladies fuseboard, all hushed up now due to diplomatic embarrassment of course..

Would be one hell of a powerful phone line :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom