12V RGB to 5V RGB Converter?

Associate
Hi all,

I'm awaiting parts for a new build and unfortunately only just noticed that my motherboard only has two 12V RGB headers. All of the new parts I have arriving have 5V RGB connecters - is there some kind of adapter/hub I can use to solve this? For what its worth I don't care about having the dancing lights etc, I just need a way to power the RGB equipped components and to have them all the same colour

Thanks in advance!

Associate
OP
For anybody that might stumble across this with the same problem - I ended up buying a JONSBO 5V 3Pin AURA RGB Controller SATA

I'll have to control any devices by a remote rather than software, but thats fine by me

Soldato
@Jarrod could you do me a favour - I notice you have MSI X470 Gaming Plus. Could you LMK what BIOS you have and if you have access to a Linux USB stick to boot into Linux? I need to find the IOMMU groupings for this board as I may well be buying one

Associate
OP
@Jarrod could you do me a favour - I notice you have MSI X470 Gaming Plus. Could you LMK what BIOS you have and if you have access to a Linux USB stick to boot into Linux? I need to find the IOMMU groupings for this board as I may well be buying one

Sure - BIOS is 7B79vHB1(Beta version)

If you link me to a USB bootable linux and how to get what your after ill have a look

Associate
Razer chroma rgb controller (up to 6 argb). I binned aura and went with this, chroma makes aura look like it's 10 years old, plus chroma will control g.skill rgb lighting (per led).

Back
Top Bottom