£1300 budget. What can I get?

Soldato
Let me start by saying I haven't built a system since 2006. So I'm absolutely clueless as to what's what.

I tend to do a lot of photo work, usual ms office, and sole game I play on occasion is wow.

I'm not after 4k gaming but want something that has power. Wow at 1080p max settings will do me fine.

I have seen a pre built Lenovo system with ryzen 7 1800x with a rx570? at £1k but I'm guessing building one I should get a better deal?

Ideally I want a ryzen system, but not sure what to get? Would like to keep the system for a while before I upgrade again.

Hoping someone can help.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I quite like this for value;

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...tion-3.6ghz-quad-core-fs-1c5-og.html#t=b1d1e2

I changed the 8100 to a 8400 for a 6-core CPU and upgraded the gfx to a 1070 and it came out at just above £1k.

edit - Or this one comes out at £1305 with a 1070 added, just need to knock Windows 10 off and purchase a key from eBay for a few quid;

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...ntel-core-i5-8600k-4.8ghz-fs-1bv-og.html#t=c+

8GB of Ram will get you going, and can always be upgraded in the future when funds allow :)

You can personalise the case too if it isn't to your liking.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ryzen is great for price and thread count , when you need it. Like video or CPU bound rendering . Streamers find it handy as more threads allow better for a better stream quality etc etc
Pure gaming, Intel still edges out , i5 8400 is a damn good chip, specially at 1440p

Soldato
OP
I thought I'd update this. I ended up getting the Asus amd ryzen laptop as above on the offer which is on at the moment. I am happy with how it performs.

Soldato
I thought I'd update this. I ended up getting the Asus amd ryzen laptop as above on the offer which is on at the moment. I am happy with how it performs.

good stuff, if the laptop versions of ryzen are nearly as good as desktop then you should be more than happy for a fair while.

Back
Top Bottom