• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1366 x 768 on a 19" what g/c

Associate
From the multiple posts on the same subject, i gather he has no option for ati as its a pre built from mesh he's buying.

U dont need sli for gaming at that ress, get the fastest single gpu/card u can afford :)

Associate
OP
ok so GeForce 7900 GTX or a GeForce 7950 GT sli config. i can afford either. just want a card thats gonna last a while plaign at these res.

Soldato
you dont need an sli config for that res.
its only 1,049,088 pixels where 1280x1024 is 1,310,720

that res will require less gpu power than a normal 19" display at 1280x1024. so a single 7900gt, 7900gto, 7900gtx or 1900xt would suffice

Associate
OP
soz for the link, but these are my choice of g/c

the 512MB nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX seems like the best from your advise/

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ok thanks. am prchasing tonight will post reviews on what i think, hopefully i will be blown away. as i am used to terrible resolutions etcc...

will graphics look better on a 19" than a 23"?

Soldato
Danzla said:
ok thanks. am prchasing tonight will post reviews on what i think, hopefully i will be blown away. as i am used to terrible resolutions etcc...

will graphics look better on a 19" than a 23"?

Depends on the resolution.

Higher = better.

Associate
OP
StevenG said:
from those options i would choose the 7900gtx as it has HD over dvi and should run most things at full settings on that res.

also remove the link before you get suspended/banned

DVI-I Male to VGA Male. is the cable that i need to run from dvi from g/c to VGa in tv?

Or as it has the ( Connectors: 2 Dual-Link DVI-I, HDTV ) shall i use the HDTV slot and run it to the VGA port>?

Last edited:
Permabanned
if you havent bought a card yet go for the X1900XT with its advanced shader support and better image quality, + it pretty much matches the performance of the 7900GTX and costs less. youl also get HDR&AA at the same time which at present no Nvidia card can give you full support to use both at the same time when needed.

Associate
OP
locutus12 said:
if you havent bought a card yet go for the X1900XT with its advanced shader support and better image quality, + it pretty much matches the performance of the 7900GTX and costs less. youl also get HDR&AA at the same time which at present no Nvidia card can give you full support to use both at the same time when needed.

unfortunatly i got my pc fro mesh and could not customise the g/c. So got the Geforce 7900 512mb.a

but im used to things running on a crappy res, with a crappy g/c. so im pretty sure that with some mesh power and a resolution that is its "HD" but not too insanse i will have a nice setup.

Back
Top Bottom