14 years ago I may have been playing HL

HeX

HeX

Soldato
The opening sequence was brilliant! :D
It is what I remember the most really, I guess because it is the first you see and at the time is was brilliant, I can honestly say the whole Half Life series has changed the way of gaming in my opinion. :)

One of the first games to change FPS from Doom/Quake 'run and gun' with little to no story to an interactive world and narrative.

HL and Unreal were the two games that really pushed this forward.

Associate
You know... I never actually completed HL :(

Get out! :p

I picked up HL almost by accident. I'd bought Thief from WH Smiths but it wouldn't run so I exchanged it for HL. Remember it loading up in 320x240 software mode :( as soon as I set it to open gl my jaw dropped. Better than Thief 1 any day.

Soldato
I was 10 :D I remember when WON closed and was replaced. I used to love TF2 on 2Fort. Spent a lot of my childhood playing that!!

What's the score with black Mesa source? I've installed HL2 from steam again, do you get the mod through steam?

Soldato
I bought an entire new PC for HL.

PII-350 (spanking new100Mhz FSB, not the old and slow 66Mhz)
128Mb 100Mhz RAM,
ATI Xpert 98 AGP card (AGP and not PCI, and no passthru 3d card required)
6GB HDD
14" 800x600 CRT.

Cost me £1,500!!!

I remember playing in the dark and ****ing myself when a headcrab jumped out of the dark! Once I'd finished I found Counter Strike Beta and TFC on 56k as I couldn't get ADSL or HomeHighway in my area. Ended up play Counter Strike until Source, setup and admined a bunch of server then I quit for the Battlefield series.

Soldato
How I loved half life, I used to get a special warm feeling when I heard the words "Sir, I hear something" and then that funky music....

hated the alien levels though!

Soldato
14 years ago I think was around the time I had my new Christmas present of:

PIII 800Mhz
32MB RAM (i think :o)
32MB nVidia Riva TNT2
2GB HDD, again can't quite remember

I actually didn't bother with Half Life, as shocking as that may seem, instead stuck with the sim style games like Theme Hospital, Theme Park and Fifa Soccer Manager. I believe that I did get Gunman Chronicles next and then Unreal Tournament GOTY edition which was cracking.

Such a long time ago and look back on it fondly as that was when I really started getting into computers.

Soldato
14 years ago I think was around the time I had my new Christmas present of:

PIII 800Mhz

800Mhz CPU in 1998....don't think so, PII 450 were about as fast as you could get back then..i think.

I bought a PII 333mhz in July 98, and that was near top of the range..

Soldato
800Mhz CPU in 1998....don't think so, PII 450 were about as fast as you could get back then..i think.

I bought a PII 333mhz in July 98, and that was near top of the range..

May have still been using my old P1 200Mhz jobby then, the PIII must have been a couple of years later.

In that case it was Ultimate Soccer Manager which, to this day, is the best football management game ever made.

Back
Top Bottom