£149.99 for a 360 core so.....

Soldato
What doesn't it do that the premium does?

Is all online play impossible or just demo downloads etc? I have a PC/stereo etc etc in the same room so I'm not overly fussed and may be tempted by this offer.

Soldato
OP
ca9phoenix said:
no hard drive and a wired controler instead if a wireless one. and your cd draw will be white not silver

Yes cheers, I realise that :) I meant what limitations, as far as gaming goes, does not having a hard drive create.

Associate
Mr_White said:
You won't be able to play Xbox 1 games.

Just to clarify you need a hard disk to play the xbox 1 games as it down loads some emulation code for each game. Saying that the emulation is pretty poor in my mind with not all game supported and a lot of games not working with the VGA cable. Hope the PS3 has better emulation.

Permabanned
HTMLHugo said:
i saw a premium at a wholesalers today for 200 + vat
is this the going rate nowadays ?

£235 is the cheapest the premium has been afaik from a wholesaler.
The premium is due a holdiay seasonal discount this easter to circa £250 with the core at £150. You could always get a £50 harddrive and £20 VGA cable but then you are only £30 away from a premium.

Permabanned
Alternatively buy a premium and 2 copies of Guitar Hero 2 for £319 then sell the copies of GH2 (should easily get £50 each) and effectively get a premium for £220.........

Permabanned
Sweetloaf said:
Yes cheers, I realise that :) I meant what limitations, as far as gaming goes, does not having a hard drive create.
I think a lot of game use the HD to cache stuff, so things like Oblivion probably would result in longer loading ??

Soldato
OP
HTMLHugo said:
i saw a premium at a wholesalers today for 200 + vat
is this the going rate nowadays ?

You can easily pick up a Premium bundle with two wireless controllers, Gears of War, Crackdown, live arcade and PGR3 for £299 which means you're getting the Premium for around £200, I think a price drop on the Premium must be on the cards.

Back
Top Bottom