14mm OD hardline fittings

Soldato
Still waiting to setup my corsair xh305i cooling, but wondering if there are any fittings other than the corsair ones I can use, sorry its been a while since i've done any custom cooling :) i'll be using the 14mm hardline tubing, but as I'm going to get a second rad and also fitting a gpu block i'll need some more fittings and not sure if the corsair ones at £25 a pair are expensive or not? Also thinking where a 90 bend is required that might be short if id be better of with some 90 degree fittings? Ideally i'd like it as clean looking as possible

Soldato
If it's first time with hardline tubing
Then 90 degree fittings may be easier
Though may not look as clean
Just depends how good you turn out to be
At tube bending
@Vidar may be able to help you more than I can
He has a nice hardline set up
Never tried hardline myself

Soldato
I use the XSPC triple seal fittings on my loop, and cannot recommend them highly enough. They've been absolutely rock solid.

Best advice I can give is get more fittings and a bigger variety of them than you think you will need. Get 90's, 45's and some offsets just incase things don't quite line up, remember you can always return what you don't need. Also don't forget your drain port, ball valve etc. I use a couple of soft tube fittings for filling and draining.

Oh and invest in a leak tester, thing is worth its weight in gold for hours and headaches saved.

Also that said, to get the cleanest look possible try to use as few fittings as possible.

Soldato
@Vidar Thanks mate
Also get more tubing than you will need
Possibly quite a bit more depending on how complicated
Your tubing runs will be
Just in case it takes you a while to get bends correct
As vidar said if you get too much
It's better than being a little short and having to order more

Man of Honour
£25 for a pair of fittings is a massive rip off. I use Barrow 14mm hardline fittings which have 4x O-rings and cost me £2.99 each from Mizucooling on Ebay when I bought them a couple of years ago. They have increased in price to £4.60 each though that reduces to £3.77 each when you buy 4 or more. I probably can't link to them but if you search for "
Barrow G1/4" Matte Black Compression Fitting For 14mm Rigid Tubing - 158" on Ebay you should find them. His 5x 500mm long 14mm hardline tubing is excellent quality and much cheaper than alternatives at only £13.50 a pack.

Associate
£25 for a pair of fittings is a massive rip off. I use Barrow 14mm hardline fittings which have 4x O-rings and cost me £2.99 each from Mizucooling on Ebay when I bought them a couple of years ago. They have increased in price to £4.60 each though that reduces to £3.77 each when you buy 4 or more. I probably can't link to them but if you search for "
Barrow G1/4" Matte Black Compression Fitting For 14mm Rigid Tubing - 158" on Ebay you should find them. His 5x 500mm long 14mm hardline tubing is excellent quality and much cheaper than alternatives at only £13.50 a pack.
I agree with this I use barrow fittings to and they are top notch and if you go to the Asian equivalent of the rainforest you can get them really cheap.

Soldato
Barrow or Bykski 14mm fittings and hit up AliExpress. You will have to pay VAT now though, but it's still a lot cheaper and their fittings are rock solid. Shop a round a few vendors there to find the ones who do 10 day AliExpress standard shipping.

Mizucool on eBay is also another great place.

Soldato
OP
So all my bits arrived today (well the bits I ordered) still need to decide wether to keep this case and go 360+240 or something else for 360+360 rads, question is that the hardling fittings I got came with two o rings, do I use both or just one?

Man of Honour
Which fittings did you go with? If it's the Barrow ones there will also be O-rings in the body of the fitting. You slide the collar over the end of the tube followed by a single O-ring then slide the tube into the body of the fitting, slide the O-ring down and then do the collar up. IMPORTANT - Make sure you chamfer the end of the tube before fitting into the fitting or the tube will tear up the O-rings. I always wet the tub to make it slide in easier as well.

Soldato
Also note that Barrow give you spare o rings too. So your compressions will have at the very least 1 o ring inside the fitting itself and 1 o ring inside the collar which you slide over the tube before inserting it. Additional o rings in the bag will be spares.

Associate
looking forward to progressing, when I finally decide on wether to keep my case or not, im thinking or rather hoping that a 240 + 360 rad will be fine for a 3080ti and 5800x
You'll be able to get away with it... it just depends how low you want to run your fans/how much noise you can tolerate.

Soldato
OP
Ok so I’ve decided to try the 240 and 360 in the case I have, waiting on the 240 to arrive but just thought I’d have a go with the 90 degree fittings on the 360 rad but no matter where I start to fit the fittings they end up tightening up in totally the wrong place if I line them up to where I’d want them they would be too loose and water would fish out, I’m thinking I’ve probably ordered the wrong parts

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArC3BzXgN3KoiZFQhzHn70i0hCGnhg

just tried on of the supplies Corsair ones and they will tighten fully and let me adjust the angle afterwards

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok so I’ve decided to try the 240 and 360 in the case I have, waiting on the 240 to arrive but just thought I’d have a go with the 90 degree fittings on the 360 rad but no matter where I start to fit the fittings they end up tightening up in totally the wrong place if I line them up to where I’d want them they would be too loose and water would fish out, I’m thinking I’ve probably ordered the wrong parts

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArC3BzXgN3KoiZFQhzHn70i0hCGnhg

just tried on of the supplies Corsair ones and they will tighten fully and let me adjust the angle afterwards
You need rotaries, the ones you have won't work for where you want them to go/do.

▷ EK Water Blocks EK-AF Classic Angled 90 Degre… | OcUK (overclockers.co.uk)

Associate
Thanks that’s what I thought and ordered some, what would the ones I bought be used for?

lower profile (usually by 5-10mm depending on make of fitting) personally. If you are working with tight spaces. It can be a fiddle, but you can get it to point the way you want.. just trial and error.

Go with the EK 90 Jay listed.. Had a look at Corsair 90s.. £25 for 2 wtf? Corsair fittings are basically BitsPower replicas and even BitsPower sells them at under a tenner :S

Back
Top Bottom