• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

14th Gen "Raptor Lake Refresh"

Associate
The meteor tile is interesting 2p+8e cores, i3 single tile i5 2 tiles i7 3 tiles i9 4 tiles, surely there will be different tiles imagine i9 8p + 32e that many e cores ain't gonna impress no one

Associate
E cores doesn't work as they should, mostly they supplement p cores in MT workloads like cinebench, but they fail to impress even when doing background processes, ryzen 6000 beats them in efficienty and battery. Not to mention gaming where it is better to turn them off and only use P cores. It would be better for them to focus just on P cores, and because each P core is much stronger you don't need as much as small ones, and also software optimization would be much easier, and games can utilize all of them without degredation. We can conclude that Big/Little is fail in x86 world.

Soldato
Yup agree with this, AMD's 6nm EUV based mobile CPUs are already ahead of Intel's 10nm E-Cores.

The E-Cores that come with Meteor Lake are supposed to be improved though (new architecture).

Soldato
OP
Dave, it's time to turn that emotion chip off

It won't help with your intel Stonks :cry:

The irony is, I've probably spent more on AMD products than most here.

Bought these on release, had lots of fun playing with them :)

Radeon 7
Vega64 Liquid Edition
FuryX
390X
7950 Ghz
Another few prior to this

If Zen4 turns out to be amazing, I'll be buying on release. Though it'll have the single thread performance crown, intel level reliability and no RAM compatibility issues. Also no silly chipset fans etc!

Soldato
never had reliability issues with my own experience with AMD what do you mean Intel level of reliability ? nor have I had RAM issues before that I had intel system and also didnt have any issues before moving to Zen 3 , only time the chipset fan spins is at boot for few seconds never had it spin after and even in middle of summer

Soldato
never had reliability issues with my own experience with AMD what do you mean Intel level of reliability ? nor I've I had RAM issues before that I had intel system and also didnt have any issues before moving to Zen 3 , only time the chipset fan spins is at boot for few seconds never had it spin after and even in middle of summer
Same here, newer X570 don't have fans. Mine is first gen and hardly ever spins up and you can hear it over case and cooler fans if it does. I had one fail on an older motherboard, I just added a passive heatsink with no issues.

Soldato
never had reliability issues with my own experience with AMD what do you mean Intel level of reliability ? nor have I had RAM issues before that I had intel system and also didnt have any issues before moving to Zen 3 , only time the chipset fan spins is at boot for few seconds never had it spin after and even in middle of summer

So far my experience with 3950x and 5950x on x570 has been lots more crashes than I had with my previous 4790k and 8700k. That being said both had crashes, my Intel systems had the same types of crashes just fewer of them as I was able to identify and resolve the cause much easier - my Intel systems became unstable over time as the CPU overclock degraded and needed a bit more voltage or lowering clocks. My amd crashes have proved to be more difficult to pin point

Soldato
So far my experience with 3950x and 5950x on x570 has been lots more crashes than I had with my previous 4790k and 8700k. That being said both had crashes, my Intel systems had the same types of crashes just fewer of them as I was able to identify and resolve the cause much easier - my Intel systems became unstable over time as the CPU overclock degraded and needed a bit more voltage or lowering clocks. My amd crashes have proved to be more difficult to pin point
I'd say any crashes on overclocked systems have to be considered to be down to the user and not any manufacturer. I wouldn't see it as an issue if my system crashed whilst I was pushing it outside it's intended use. Not referring to you, but I suspect a lot of complaints about various brands is down to user tinkering/lack of understanding.

My own experience is that if you don't push the hardware it just works 99.9% of the time. I know that's anathema to overclockers of course :cry:

Permabanned

fTPM and USB have also been an issue for the platform.

Soldato
Google 'AMD fTMP issues' or 'AMD USB issues'.

True, I did have the USB issue - happened when I bought a HP Reverb G2 VR headset and the PC would alternate between: not recognising the headset, lowering USB bandwidth so the headset runs at 30hz and black screen hard lock ups when the headset is plugged in. I ended up just getting a refund on the headset.

Soldato
The only time I've had issues with my current AMD rig was after I upgraded to a 3080 and the extra heat it put out pushed the ram into instability but that said it was heavily OC at 1.5v but lowering this to 1.47 sorted that out.

Never really had any issues with Intel systems either other than the ram slots being a bit finicky on my X58 board.

Associate

Intel To Disclose New Information on 14th Gen Meteor Lake & 15th Gen Arrow Lake CPUs at HotChips 34​

Source: https://wccftech.com/intel-to-discl...-lake-15th-gen-arrow-lake-cpus-at-hotchip-34/

Raptor Lake should be out by August I'd expect, great to see Intel hasn't taken their foot off the pedal and are already talking about 14th gen.
Raptor Lake must be pretty pants if Intel do not want to talk about there new CPU instead opting to talk about the following 2. Doesnt look good at all

Back
Top Bottom