15 months for Stuart Hall, pleaded guilty to 13 assualts

Associate
I tend to agree with you Burnsy (that he had rehabilitated himself well before any of this came to light, so a prison sentence wouldn't really be as justified as someone who continued to commit crime), except I don't know about the concurrent sentencing malarky. That doesn't make much sense.

Associate
I tend to agree with you Burnsy (that he had rehabilitated himself well before any of this came to light, so a prison sentence wouldn't really be as justified as someone who continued to commit crime), except I don't know about the concurrent sentencing malarky. That doesn't make much sense.

Rehabilitated himself?...he sexually abused young girls for years and thought he had gotten away with it. It makes no difference to me that he is now 83, he should have been given at least 3 years.....oh and the victims cant even get compensation unless they make it a civil matter thanks to today`s judge.....Hall even put his house in his wife`s name because he didn't want to pay compensation!

Man of Honour
Rehabilitated himself?...he sexually abused young girls for years and thought he had gotten away with it. It makes no difference to me that he is now 83, he should have been given at least 3 years.....oh and the victims cant even get compensation unless they make it a civil matter thanks to today`s judge.....Hall even put his house in his wife`s name because he didn't want to pay compensation!

Why 3 years? What good would that have done?

Also this is a backtick: `
This is an apostrophe: '

I think you are getting them confused.

Associate
Why 3 years? What good would that have done?

Also this is a backtick: `
This is an apostrophe: '

I think you are getting them confused.

The attorney general is looking at the sentence to see if it was unduly lenient so there is hope yet.

Yes very grown up of you to critisise my lack of typing skills:rolleyes:

Associate
It's a pet hate of mine, not related to the discussion.

Anyway, you never answered my question: what would a 3 year sentence do that the 15 month sentence won't?

It`s called a more appropriate punishment for his child abuse and maybe now that it`s being looked at he may get more jail time.....enough back ticks there for you?

Caporegime
I believe it's A) possible and b) the best end result.

I'm just going to be lazy and wiki this

Rehabilitation theories present however the following deficiencies:

First, there is no sound scientific research to determine how different individuals react to the same rehabilitating methods.

Second, rehabilitation may depend more decisively on the individual psychological background, hence on his particular motives to commit crimes, than on the rehabilitating methods or philosophy.

Third, a rehabilitation program may prove to be too costly and complex to be successfully implemented and utilized in most countries.

Finally, rehabilitation must refer to the sociological findings on the socialization and resocialization processes, as change in lifelong socially acquired patterns of behavior and values entails a much more complex – and sometime traumatic – change on the individual's structure of character.

In short, the notion that the UK prison system is there to systematically rehabilitate anyone and everyone is a notion based in nothing but idealistic folly.

Of life would be wonderful if we could simply rehabilitate every felon. Thing is, we are kidding ourselves by even trying in many cases.

Back
Top Bottom