15yrs or longer battery life for the dyson v10

Soldato
Its about £120 a year or less, and We have had the insurance for about 5-6 yrs now... It would be best though just paying the one off £70 and have it serviced when it goes wrong, as we dont really call out the dyson man that often. But you dont really notice a tenner or less going out of the bank each month

cool, will send you my bank details for £10 a month also

Soldato
Dyson is the epitome of form over function. I can't understand why people buy into any of those products. We know for a fact that bagless vacuums are less powerful than bagged (no personal anecdotes to counter this, there's plenty of tests and studies). They're ugly as sin with all that crap 60s style "space age" plastic, they look like hell as soon as they have anything in them; I've just sucked all the crap up why the hell would I want to look at it?

And what's the supposed improvement? You don't have to remove a bag twice a year? Lordy. Doesn't seem worth the exorbitant price tags to me.

Form over function. All I can say is the Dyson cleans our carpets better than any vacuum we've had before it.
Just seems cool to hate on Dyson on here, Miele or Henry seem the only options.

Soldato
It's not a hatred of Dyson. It's more that they aren't so much of a genius design they make out to be. They perform brilliantly.. Until they gradually start to clog the holes and filters. Then they seem to fall off rapidly. Ours does anyway.

Also I don't really get the logic behind looking at dust through a clear jug. I'd rather just chuck a bag in the bin.

We have an upright Dyson and it's worked for 5 years now with no bother. We also have a miele cat and dog. It's 2200w and practically pulls the carpet up. It's in another league to our Dyson.

Henry's are also good if you have the turbo brush head.

Soldato
It's not a hatred of Dyson. It's more that they aren't so much of a genius design they make out to be. They perform brilliantly.. Until they gradually start to clog the holes and filters. Then they seem to fall off rapidly. Ours does anyway.

Also I don't really get the logic behind looking at dust through a clear jug. I'd rather just chuck a bag in the bin.

We have an upright Dyson and it's worked for 5 years now with no bother. We also have a miele cat and dog. It's 2200w and practically pulls the carpet up. It's in another league to our Dyson.

Henry's are also good if you have the turbo brush head.
Clear bin = being able to see when it needs emptying isn't that obvious.

Soldato
Form over function. All I can say is the Dyson cleans our carpets better than any vacuum we've had before it.
Just seems cool to hate on Dyson on here, Miele or Henry seem the only options.

I mean I presented my arguments for why they're a poor vacuum, so it's hardly me trying to be "cool" like everyone else.

Soldato
I have always been a VAX man, they just suck the heck out of anything. Our dyson single ball wheel job is rubbish but our battery powered vax 32v will out do it. The battery lasts ages too.

Soldato
Just seems cool to hate on Dyson on here,

I have never had Dyson, just bagged (currently Bosch cat/dog < £150), but the dislike of Dyson comes from :
  • Expense, even at outlet/deal prices rarely sub £200, their advertising does not justify product value.
  • The design does not look robust, form over function, garish colours & cannot just wipe box down like a standard vacuum cleaner
  • James Dyson's pitious accusations against the unfair EEC standards (and then his Brexit stance - lol) .. it would be like buying from Ratner, I'd buy an Apple product first.
  • Lack of objective reviews on the likes of youtube - I concluded they are in cahoots and marketting is carefully cultivated .. kings new clothes.

Soldato
OP
Me too, what an idiot

As for the guy paying £10 a month in hoover insurance, you sir are being mugged.

Im not the idiot thankyou very much,,I would cancel the insurance and pay when I need it to be fixed, but my family member is sticking at it, as they think they will get a new dyson once the parts cant be replaced.

Henry is a terrible carpet vacuum but fine for the garage and DIY dust.

I agree and the new henry's are worse because they have less suction. If you buy any kind of cylinder vacuum you really, really need a brush with a spinning brushbar to be anygood.. I have a dyson turbine brush on my henry and now he's "super henry"

Dysons are the best bagless vacuums I think as they never clog up if you clean the filter and stuff every few weeks or so. Other branded bagless vacuums start clogging up the moment you look at them, due to the very poor filter design.

I much prefer bagged vacuums, I dont know why we changed.

I have to say i'm not a fan of the handheld Dysons. I don't know if the higher end models are better, but the V6 my mum bought seems a bit pants. The cylinder is tiny and needs to be emptied all the time, which is also a messy job as dust and hair gets stuck in the cylinder and you have to use something to poke it out. The charge doesn't even last long enough to do a full room on high and the low setting is pretty poor. Plus it just feels really cheap and plasticy.

The bin design is much better on the v7 because it pulls down all the madeup fluff and stuff from around the filter in the bin as you empty it, so you dont need to get your hands dirty at all.

I dont think the suction is much different on the v6 or v7, but yeah the suction power isnt great, but if to think about it you dont need great suction power anyway and if you vacuuming carpets or floors in your home, as the motorized brush sweeps all the dirt up from the carpet and the suction just sucks it in the bin. Plus the suction is strong enough on normal setting for most tasks when not using the motorized brush also.

Everything is going cheap and plasticy nowadays.

Soldato
interesting comment in reddit that battery powered vacuums don't need energy classification, seems the eu needs to legislate on providing efficiency information.
(interesting tear down video too on utube BOLTR: Dyson Animal | Cordless Vacuum , plus the older dyson ball)

re:motorized brushes - how many are genuinely motorized as opposed to just vacuum driven ? Bosch's are vacuum, and not so powerful.

Man of Honour
Well I think they are pants. Lasts about 10 minutes at full usable power and constantly goes into that mode where it goes on and off.
Pull the filter out and wash it. Mine was pulsing like that, internet advice said wash the filter - my filter looked really clean but I jetwashed it and dried it off, the pulsing has now gone.

Man of Honour
interesting comment in reddit that battery powered vacuums don't need energy classification, seems the eu needs to legislate on providing efficiency information.
(interesting tear down video too on utube BOLTR: Dyson Animal | Cordless Vacuum , plus the older dyson ball)

re:motorized brushes - how many are genuinely motorized as opposed to just vacuum driven ? Bosch's are vacuum, and not so powerful.
Dyson V6 is genuinely motorised, there are electrical connectors in the brush head running to the vacuum motor.

Soldato
OP
Yeh because the motor is trying to pull all the dust and dirt into it, so you need a filter inbetween to stop this happening. So when the filter gets clogged up with dust, the motor needs to work harder, that why it stops and starts.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Tried samsung, miele, henry and panasonic corded vacs, yeah corded vacs are more powerful but then you have to work with that power and weight
also. You will end up spending half a day cleaning your floors while with a dyson v8+ I just give it a quick whiz around the home and am done in few minutes daily and when I empty the dirt its a fair amount built up bit less then what a corded would get mind.

Anyone getting a dyson should also check out ebays dyson refurbished outlet store, they have offers all the time my V8 was pricey think it was roughly 350, but
seen it once go down to 300, worth every penny but not at £400-500+

Am tempted to sell my V8 and go for the V10 !

Soldato
James Dyson promises the Cyclone V10's battery will last 15 years

What's the warranty on them batteries? Dunno about the v10, but the v8 batteries are warranted for...1 year. Well, that's for replacement batteries anyway. 15 years lol. If they thought that, they'd warranty them. It's pure lip service.

Soldato
Tried samsung, miele, henry and panasonic corded vacs, yeah corded vacs are more powerful but then you have to work with that power and weight
also. You will end up spending half a day cleaning your floors while with a dyson v8+ I just give it a quick whiz around the home and am done in few minutes daily and when I empty the dirt its a fair amount built up bit less then what a corded would get mind.

Anyone getting a dyson should also check out ebays dyson refurbished outlet store, they have offers all the time my V8 was pricey think it was roughly 350, but
seen it once go down to 300, worth every penny but not at £400-500+

Am tempted to sell my V8 and go for the V10 !

I paid £278 for a V8 Absolute a few months back, good ol eBay 20% off voucher - not used the DC25 since getting it!

Soldato
I have a V10 and it’s a great machine but the build quality is pretty awful. I’m awaiting my 3rd replacement at the moment. The first the small plastic clip that stops the bin falling off broke so the bin fell off every time you empty it. It’s just a small piece of plastic and not up to the job really. My second brand new replacement was DOA out the box nothing happens when you pull the trigger.

I have another new replacement coming and Dyson have given me a Free Tool kit for the inconvenience but still not the greatest so far.

My V6 which is a few years old and well abused still works perfect.

Don
I have always been a VAX man, they just suck the heck out of anything. Our dyson single ball wheel job is rubbish but our battery powered vax 32v will out do it. The battery lasts ages too.

Last Vax upright lasted me 9 years and only just failed, replaced with another Vax (air stretch pet plus) that will likely last just as well, and still a fraction of the cost of a Dyson or anything else.

Back
Top Bottom