17 year old girl allowed to kill herself Legally

Soldato
But it isn't, there's trillions of different living organisms on this planet, entire species have come & gone over billions of years & we have even played a part in extinguishing that life and continue to do so, in order to survive we must kill a living organism be it an animal or a plant, but life, it's precious :rolleyes: Hell we're quite comfortable extinguishing each other over ideologies

We're not even the equivalent of a grain sand in the universe, not even comparable to atoms most likely, do we consider how precious and important each grain of dirt we walk on is ? do we think how precious the atoms that bind us are ?

Personally, I have a higher opinion of myself. And appear to be happier because of it. You read like you WANT this to be true. Equate your value to that of a plant if you wish. Find me a grain of sand that can talk, reason, create great works of engineering or tell a joke, then I'll consider whether we're equivalent or not. Whatever convinced you relative size is the right criteria for assessing importance, they misled you.

Caporegime
Personal survival is the only point in life and even that is eventually pointless, it's about adding something immaterial now to being material in the future, that you can't ever experience, but know that future generations can.

Greed has destroyed that.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
OP
But it isn't, there's trillions of different living organisms on this planet, entire species have come & gone over billions of years & we have even played a part in extinguishing that life and continue to do so, in order to survive we must kill a living organism be it an animal or a plant, but life, it's precious :rolleyes: Hell we're quite comfortable extinguishing each other over ideologies

We're not even the equivalent of a grain sand in the universe, not even comparable to atoms most likely, do we consider how precious and important each grain of dirt we walk on is ? do we think how precious the atoms that bind us are ?

We are more important then grains of sand, this is obvious. Just look around you, I don't need to explain this it is self evident.

And when monkeys create civilisation then they are as important as us. Until then our lives mean more then any animal on this earth.

Soldato
We are more important then grains of sand, this is obvious. Just look around you, I don't need to explain this it is self evident.

And when monkeys create civilisation then they are as important as us. Until then our lives mean more then any animal on this earth.
And when the earth is gone, and you weigh the contributions of you and the grain of sand.....
You both achieved nothing

Soldato

You may or may not be right, but there is no argument to support your position in this post. Creating civilisation doesn't mean you're more valuable, I suspect most of us contribute very little to the creation of civilisation - whatever that means.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
OP
And when the earth is gone, and you weigh the contributions of you and the grain of sand.....
You both achieved nothing

Who says there will be nothing left to remember mankind?

Voyager 2 has crossed interstellar space and if it is ever stumbled across by other intelligent beings then that is more then enough to prove our worth on the cosmic scale.

We can leave so many signs of our civilisation in our own solar system and local galaxy.

Hairless apes? No we are more then that, do not keep trying to drag us down.

Soldato
Personally, I have a higher opinion of myself.

And that's all it is, opinion, I'm not telling you not to think this way, however the same is not true for you with my view on our insignificance in the universe, not to mention if not for this forum I would not even know you exist, yet you're important ? :)

We are more important then grains of sand, this is obvious. Just look around you

And you're entitled to think this way, but it doesn't mean your right, yet it doesn't mean I'm wrong either

B&W

B&W

Soldato
OP
You may or may not be right, but there is no argument to support your position in this post. Creating civilisation doesn't mean you're more valuable, I suspect most of us contribute very little to the creation of civilisation - whatever that means.

So what do we value then, monkeys flinging **** at each other?

What do we aspire to? To be content with living in caves?

Soldato

Voyager 2 has crossed interstellar space and if it is ever stumbled across by other intelligent beings then that is more then enough to prove our worth on the cosmic scale.

We can leave so many signs of our civilisation in our own solar system and local galaxy.

Well, I meant you personally, as the 99.99999% of us will not leave anything.
Voyager 2 my well keep going for the rest of all time, but the chances of anything intelligent seeing it are beyond reasoning.... the universe is too big for it to ever be found

Caporegime
We are all talking about a sad event, the situation of, I didn't even know existed or wouldn't of even know she existed on earth, unless I had read about it in passing. It will be utterly forgotten by 99.9% of people in a week.
That's how significant we are.

Associate
I had PTSD which gave me depression etc etc and if this option was available to me i definitely would have taken it. It can be overcome but it takes a long time and a lot of fighitng i guess she just couldnt see a way out which is tragic but it's her life and her choice.

Soldato
So what do we value then, monkeys flinging **** at each other?

What do we aspire to? To be content with living in caves?
let it go. you're fighting a losing battle arguing with some people who have no respect for their life and are happy to compare human life to that of grains dirt/sand on the ground. there's nothing you are going to say that will change that viewpoint in people.

Caporegime

If we are going all science fiction on this then ill toss in a Douglas Adams, Vogon constructor fleet into the mix. Thats earth :p

Also voyager2 speak about the ultimate needle in the galactic haystack. Good luck finding that....

B&W

B&W

Soldato
OP
Well, I meant you personally, as the 99.99999% of us will not leave anything.
Voyager 2 my well keep going for the rest of all time, but the chances of anything intelligent seeing it are beyond reasoning.... the universe is too big for it to ever be found

When we die we live on in our children and there children, that's what we leave behind genetically.

And whether it may or may not be detected is not that important as it's mere existence is proof of our superiority over other earth creatures.

Plus we can build so much more that has more chance of being detected.

Soldato
When we die we live on in our children and there children, that's what we leave behind genetically.

And whether it may or may not be detected is not that important as it's mere existence is proof of our superiority over other earth creatures.

Plus we can build so much more that has more chance of being detected.
Everything you're saying, is weighed with your sense of 'worth'
YOU think that's important, and are basically forcing other people to believe it and should therefore live and fulfil that measure of worth.

It's just a view point, take a time window of 'everything that happened on earth in the last 100 years'
any individual's contribution to that is barely anything, with the exception of a few individuals

Then take Venus during the same period?....... human contributions are..........not looking good.

So then take the % of the UNIVERSE that the earth exists in, and you're now saying that someone should suffer their life, that they don't want, because you've created a system you measure the fraction of time in the fraction of space you live in and say they should experience some 'happiness' for a portion of it?

Soldato

How many generations of your family do you know ?

It only takes 4 or 5 generations and you're soon forgotten, nobody ever talks about great great great great grandfather B&W and his escapades of representing life on the OCUK forums

Back
Top Bottom