18" vs 19"

Soldato
Really depends on the frame and your preference, different frame designs /geometries can feel a bit bigger or smaller regardless of that 1 measurement.

Permabanned
OP
What's the best bike I could get for under a grand? I bought my currents Rockhopper Pro 9 years ago for that and it's lasted well.

I feel I over spent on it as it's just for commuting but I don't like road bikes as you're limited if you fancy a little ride in the country now and again.

I've been looking at Cube as they seem to be good value giving a full XT groupset for the money but does that matter, do frames really differ that much? does going below Deore components matter? would they last as long as the XT components?

Soldato
How much did you pay for it? it's not got very good forks for the price of the bike.

I'd be looking at new forks before you worry about the crank set.

Permabanned
OP
£675, ack it's only a run about not a serious bike, So which BB am I looking for?
It's a frame I want to build on over time, if the forks aren't up to the job then i'll upgrade them but most people won't know the difference as they just think dearer is better.

Soldato
Have you bought it to resell or to ride? Lol
I'm struggling to work out why you went for a bike with those forks and that gearing at that price only to immediately want to replace the crank set..

Back
Top Bottom