180 degree PCIe power connectors

Soldato
I recently learned of 180 degree power connectors for GPUs. Unfortunately OCUK don't stock them, so to help @OcUK - PREDATOR guage interest I thought I'd start this thread.

I purchased these:

pbhIqi5.jpg

They come as a pair. One is right-handed, the other left-handed. They're also available in 6 pin versions.

Here's an in-situ comparison of how they look compared with a normal power connector:

8xkxV9Z.jpg

And with both installed:

yN5iGZn.jpg

While I have some tidying to do you can see that it immediately looks much neater and places a lot less stress on the power cable.

Soldato
It looks much better, but I'll be interested in this over time for safety reasons.

I know you can't tell us where you bought the adapters from, but is it safe to say they're Chinese made stuff?

Soldato
OP
The ones I purchased came in 8 pin and 6 pin variants. I didn't see any options for different colours or RGB bling; those aren't particularly important to me. My PC is in a cupboard, after all. But I'm sure OCUK will oblige if there's sufficient demand.

Man of Honour
I have some cable comb type things that enables a tight a 180 degree bend in the cables which I have on the pci-e lead on the gpu and the 24 pin and 8 pin on the motherboard. The result is very neat and doesn't look so gash as those connectors. I believe I got them from HexGear and they were very cheap. The downside is you need to remove the pins from the plugs to fit them.

KKHl448.jpg

Caporegime
Since there doesn't seem to be much interest, I guess OCUK won't be stocking them and here's the direct link

Apologies for the thread necro but did you get these? Some comments are that the twin pack is actually 1x PCI-E and one for the CPU power connector and I'll need two packs for 2x 8 pin Graphics?

Back
Top Bottom