• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1800x vs 2700 - Bang for buck

Associate
Soldato
the 1700/1800x generally overclock to 4.1gh if lucky and the 2700x get to 4.2ghz and if you are very lucky 4.3gh which is quite rare. Ask yourself if 200hmz is worth all that to you?

for me the new ryzen 2 are just not much of an upgrade over the older generations specially if you can get the 1700x for £150.

I have seen quite few ryzen cpu both 1st and 2nd generation on the members market, so maybe have a look over the next few weeks.

Soldato
Are the differences in the 2nd gen going to be more obvious later in its life?

2700 may last longer because of this

(honest question, I honestly don't know - but would go for latter gen if it were me)

Soldato
It's quite a big price difference for so little. I'd probably just get the 1700x as someone mentioned, get the fast ram and overclock it. Maybe get the very last Ryzen cpu that will be compatible with AM4 in a few years time.

Permabanned
I had a 1700X then upgraded to a 2700X, honestly, I cant really notice much difference in actual gameplay or general usage. (Though I got both from the MM)

The good thing is you can always drop one in later, could even drop in a Ryzen 2 when they drop because of the backward compatibility.

Could put the difference towards better RAM and a quality motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom