£187 for a PS3 in Japan

Permabanned
£187 in Japan 40 Gb
£250 in America 80 Gb
£315 in Europe 40 Gb

All with MGS 4, makes you sick to the back teeth, do you think we will see a price drop soon because in the current economy climate no way should we be paying so much to play on the PS3.

I know Sony disliked Europe but they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Soldato
Would you like to include Xbox 360 (console/games) prices from around the world as comparison? I think you're in for a shock...

Soldato
Do people think this is something that happens only with the PS3?

Yes it's **** we consistently have to pay more, but to single out Sony for criticism is ridiculous.

Caporegime
Would you like to include Xbox 360 (console/games) prices from around the world as comparison? I think you're in for a shock...

Yeah as I understand it Microsoft are all but giving away 360's in Japan, probably paying people to take them off the shelves. :p

We live in rip-off Britain, simple as.

Soldato
£187 in Japan 40 Gb
£250 in America 80 Gb
£315 in Europe 40 Gb

All with MGS 4, makes you sick to the back teeth, do you think we will see a price drop soon because in the current economy climate no way should we be paying so much to play on the PS3.

So your telling me a PS3 is cheaper in the country that its made in? Wow thats a surprise :p
Blame transport costs, import duties, strength of the Pound/Euro and Taxation for the price differences. Its the same for everything to be honest thats why we get paid more in this country!

Caporegime
£187 in Japan 40 Gb
£250 in America 80 Gb
£315 in Europe 40 Gb

The cost of living is higher here

but we get paid higher

tax is higher

etc

for example some guy selling ps3 consoles in japan will be getting paid £3 an hour

over here he will be getting paid £7 an hour

the tax in japan will be a lot lower

then of course it has to be shipped all the way from japan to UK

so cost of console, plus shipping, plus tax, plus all the peoples wages who help the console get here onto the shop floor into your hand

take into the fact you are higher paid than the guy in japan also then it probably works out cheaper

Permabanned
OP
+ the PS3 is cheaper than £315 over here.

Went to the biggest game retailer website, it was £315 with MGS 4 I have priced up the other consoles from big retailed stores from that country.

Since when was a 40GB PS3 £315? If you're going to do a 'Sony rip off' thread, get your facts right to start with.

Above

Do people think this is something that happens only with the PS3?

Yes it's **** we consistently have to pay more, but to single out Sony for criticism is ridiculous.

Below is the 360 prices from big retailing stores converted by currency

Japan £187
America £153
Europe £220

Caporegime
whadda ya know both are cheapest in the countries, they are made in. Might have something to do with shipping + export/import tax/duties etc maybe?

Caporegime
Japan £187
America £153
Europe £220

Makes you sick to the back teeth, do you think we will see a price drop soon because in the current economy climate no way should we be paying so much to play on the 360.

I know MS disliked Europe but they are laughing all the way to the bank.

cheets64 being angry and negative, again.

rp2000

Soldato
Im more concerned about how much we are getting shafted on toasters.

Dualit Vario Combi 2x2

Japan - £76
America - £98
Europe - £195 (No joke google, though that is for the polished one actually looking at the pictures).

Taken from a big retailer.

Back
Top Bottom