£187 for a PS3 in Japan

Soldato
The cost of living is higher here

but we get paid higher

tax is higher

etc

for example some guy selling ps3 consoles in japan will be getting paid £3 an hour

over here he will be getting paid £7 an hour

the tax in japan will be a lot lower

then of course it has to be shipped all the way from japan to UK

so cost of console, plus shipping, plus tax, plus all the peoples wages who help the console get here onto the shop floor into your hand

take into the fact you are higher paid than the guy in japan also then it probably works out cheaper

I was always led to believe japan was very expensive to visit. If we really have so much better wages Id be off there like a shot.

Shipping them isn't the reason they cost so much, I doubt they are even made in Japan. Neither is the guy on the high streets wages they dont buy them straight out the factory in Japan.

Some needs to do a proper ppp on £ to yen.

Soldato
Japan isnt an expensive place to live expecially. Unless your renting a nice place, not much random space in japan. Any way as said above cant just do a straight forward exchange rate fix many other considerations to take into consideration. For the rip off britain comment. You can factor in the fact that a lot of countries ( america included ) have a standard 90 warranty on their goods. While here we have a whole 365 days! which is just factored into the cost

Permabanned
OP
MS loan out plants very easy to do and cheaper, Sony own plants so they have to implement major salries into costs.

Fact sony fail from there thinking of dominance.

MS has a south american plant.

Sony in debt, MS not in debt, Nintendo lolwut never been in debt.

Soldato
MS loan out plants very easy to do and cheaper, Sony own plants so they have to implement major salries into costs.

Fact sony fail from there thinking of dominance.

MS has a south american plant.

MS has only recently started to make a profit on Xbox. Not just the 360 but since the Xbox 1 as well. Sony is making an absolute killing on the PS2 and the PS3 will move into profit early next year.

Sony and MS both outsource some of their manufacturing. The PS3 is built by Asus and Foxconn and probably a few more. Foxconn also builds 360s along with a few other companies. As far as I know neither of them are made in the countries in which they are cheapest.

Soldato
Arn't the 360 in Europe made in Ireland? I bet they don't get a discount.

Think there are just disc pressing plants in Ireland, not console assembly plants. Would have though they were all in the Far East, what with component, labour rates etc.

Grills > Toasters

Permabanned
this is the reason why im not buying a PS3 yet

300 quid for a console, thats major selling point is watching fancy dvds or something

Associate
I watched a program on brands and pricing (christ that sounds boring), and apparently top brands refer to the UK as 'Treasure Island', because of the sheer amount of idiots who will pay over the odds for goods. Must be something in our genetic makup that makes us walk down the high street whilst bending over with our pants down...

Soldato
MS has only recently started to make a profit on Xbox. Not just the 360 but since the Xbox 1 as well. Sony is making an absolute killing on the PS2 and the PS3 will move into profit early next year.

MS have posted 3 back to back profit quarters, whether this is 'only recently' is debatable.

Despite still making a 'killing' on the PS2 because of the PS3 Sony has still lost $3b over the last two years nearly knocking off any profit they've made from the whole playstation venture. Sony are still a long way from making profit with the PS3.

Soldato

Abooie said:
MS have posted 3 back to back profit quarters, whether this is 'only recently' is debatable.

Despite still making a 'killing' on the PS2 because of the PS3 Sony has still lost $3b over the last two years nearly knocking off any profit they've made from the whole playstation venture. Sony are still a long way from making profit with the PS3.

As with all products released, the company makes a loss to begin with until broken-even. M$ not being in debt = wow, rinsing the consumer? I wanna know where you guys get your MS love from, they produce extremely poor quality products and charge ridiculous prices, 55quid WiFi adapters, and 1 billion of consumer spending on P2P services. Saying MS are better than any other organisation is extremely ridiculous! Thier ruthless blood thirsty ways are why theyre the most richest organisation!

edit: imo.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The PS3 is £188 in Hong Kong, £209 with gran turismo!! will be getting a white one tomorrow from some relatives coming over from Hong Kong ive been told its fully UK compatible fingers crossed :D

Soldato
As with all products released, the company makes a loss to begin with until broken-even. M$ not being in debt = wow, rinsing the consumer? I wanna know where you guys get your MS love from, they produce extremely poor quality products and charge ridiculous prices, 55quid WiFi adapters, and 1 billion of consumer spending on P2P services. Saying MS are better than any other organisation is extremely ridiculous! Thier ruthless blood thirsty ways are why theyre the most richest organisation!

edit: imo.

No one is profaning love or hate for any multinational other than you.

They are what they are; I just play games, roleplaying ones, so there's no point in owning a PS3.

Back
Top Bottom