19" TFT Gaming Monitor

Associate
I have been looking for a 16 inch TFT gaming monitor for sometime now but i am not sure which one to go for. I do not really have a price limit as such, only that i will buy any of the 19" monitors of overclockers uk. I use it mainly for gaming so i was assuming a low ms count but im no expert so please give me your opinions into which you think is the best gaming TFT 19inch monitor.

Thanks in advance.. :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
you're looking for the lowest ms count, not the highest :) but please be wary not to trust specs completely. The Viewsonic VX922 would be a good choice, and the VX924 and Samsung 930BF are also excellent choices. These are some of the most responsive panels in the whole market, and the most suited to your needs as a gamer

Soldato
I have the Samsung 930BF, its a great monitor and has an excellent response time, no ghosting what so ever, great for gaming, the viewing angles are not the best, but that doesn't affect me.

The price is the best part, and its on offer at the moment at £234.94 Including VAT :eek:

Associate
+1 for the samsung 930BF, I play FPS games competitevely and even though the switch from crt to tft was a bit noticeable during the first couple of days of use, I can easily say that with proper calibration this is one hell of a monitor and I'm very happy with it.

If you want a tip stop reading reviews and just make a choice, I was between viewsonic vx924, vx922 and samsung 930BF, I was going crazy until I said ok 930BF it is and seems like I was right:) I've seen them from close as well before I do the next step and buy one, and the 2 factors which influenced me were:

- IMHO the 930BF has better design, the viewsonic seems to be too high for my likes and its not adjustable - not that the 930BF is but its height is more suitable for me
- loads of people have went with the 930BF and recommended it for games, so they can't be so wrong.

good luck, its a touch decision but you can't go wrong with either of them.

Soldato
The Samsung is much better value. There's very little, if any, real difference between a 2 and 4 ms screen. BeHardware tested a whole raft of sub 8 ms screens (including the two mentioned previously in this thread) and couldn't see any speed difference between them.

Back
Top Bottom