1920x1080 lcd as a pc display

Associate
JudgeC said:
Sony X Series does 1:1 over HDMI (1920x1080) and I use my PC on it via a DVI-D - HDMI cable.

What size screen you got and what's the picture quality like?

Am looking to get the X series for a meeting room at work but wasn't sure what 1:1 over HDMI would be like...

Associate
I occasionally use my Sony 46X2000 for pc use and it works just fine with 1:1 pixel mapping via hdmi, the only problem I have is that I am using it through a hdmi switcher and so other things use the same socket on the tv and I cannot be bothered to adjust the settings on the tv to get the absolute best picture for pc use and then have to put them back to the original settings afterwards but if you have a hdmi socket on the tv dedicated to this purpose you would be able to get very good results from this tv used as a monitor with the correct settings as I find it way to bright with the settings I am using now.

Soldato
i tried to play CSS on my samsung LE32r74, but its much better on my samsung 19"!

lcdtv's are great for consoles, but not so sure about pc gaming

Associate
CoXeY said:
What size screen you got and what's the picture quality like?

Am looking to get the X series for a meeting room at work but wasn't sure what 1:1 over HDMI would be like...

Got the 52" version.
Picture quality over HDMI is superb from both the PS3 and the PC.
To be honest, apart from the odd blast of Day Of Defeat / Counter Strike, I mostly use the PC on the TV for playing DVD's upscaled to 1080p via PowerDVD 7. Makes a big improvement over standard DVD, although obviously falls well short of BD.

Back
Top Bottom