£1k Gaming PC Build For My Nephew

Associate
Hi All,
My sister is looking to buy my nephew his first gaming rig and has come to me dabble but not great at specs of components etc.
So he is now 14 and is starting to get into all types of games (not just fortnite as they all seem to be in these days)

Budget is £1k and he has nothing so needs it all OS, monitor, Keyboard, Mouse.
Also need to be useful for school work as well.

Hope this is enough info for some help with this please?

Thanks in advance

Soldato
Hi

Here is a rough idea of a build. I left it a bit under so that you could change a few things around if you wanted. Also wasn't sure if you needed a headset as well ?

No copy of Windows included but you should be able to get a cheap key from one of the well known key sites that sell digital keys for games.

The board is mATX but should look fine in the ATX case. Also it doesn't tie you to mATX boards in the future. Obviously case is personal pref, so maybe let him look through the case section.

You could drop down to 8GB Ram, but that only saves about £20.

So you could swap out the cpu to the R5 3600, or the gpu to a Vega 56 etc. There are cheaper monitors as well, but as Fortnite was mentioned a higher refresh rate will be welcomed. The Ryzen cpu's are not as fast as Intel at 1080p but they cost more. I will post an alternative Intel spec as well for comparison.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £896.77 (includes shipping: £0.00)​

Soldato
Associate
OP
Thank you @lee32uk and @Quartz appreciate it.

I believe he has headphones i am told the ones he uses at the mo for his xbox will work with a pc, he shares his room with his brother as well so headphones may be a great option at times.

Thanks Again.

Soldato
Thank you @lee32uk and @Quartz appreciate it.

I believe he has headphones i am told the ones he uses at the mo for his xbox will work with a pc, he shares his room with his brother as well so headphones may be a great option at times.

Thanks Again.

more power that leaves consoles behind and will compete with upcoming consoles next year

Total: £958.12 (includes shipping: £13.20)

though would choose this one for 1080p 144hz gaming !!!

Total: £977.50 (includes shipping: £19.62)​

intel has advantage at 1080p and will blow away current consoles. dont worry about the b-grade gigabyte. you'd go RMA via them directly ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom