1st time gaming pc build help

Associate
Could really do with some help....

I am building a gaming pc for the first time and I know parts are hard to get at the moment but need help deciding what are the best components to play sports games ie F1 2020, Fifa 21, NBA, Pes 2021 etc on the best settings possible and using a load of mods added to the games and also playing a few RPG games?
I will only be hooking it up to my TV for the time being and have about £1000 to spend. Cheers

Associate
What is your TV size/brand/model? That is what will depend on your build imo, as you will need to drive that specific resolution so if. Also, be aware that TVs usually have higher input lag and I am not sure how great of experience you will have with sports games that require fast action?

Associate
OP
What is your TV size/brand/model? That is what will depend on your build imo, as you will need to drive that specific resolution so if. Also, be aware that TVs usually have higher input lag and I am not sure how great of experience you will have with sports games that require fast action?

Ive only got a mid range flatscreen Sony TV?! So basically I need a monitor aswel then? What would you recommend?

Associate
Ive only got a mid range flatscreen Sony TV?! So basically I need a monitor aswel then? What would you recommend?

That should be fine, it is all about what expectations you have from the system and how it will run on that TV. Do you want a monitor or you want to use your TV?

If you want a monitor, then you gotta pick a resolution you wanna play at and the build will revolve around that as well once more.

Lets forget 4k for now as it is out of budget and pretty much stupid.

1080p/high refresh rate (120-144hz) would be most likely super good for sports games

1440p - better for RPGs as better visuals.

I think a thousand pounds will most likely get you a nice 1080p starter build. Unfortunately at the moment prices are super bad so you will struggle to find either stock or MSRP.

Last year I would defo suggest you go for AMD, but Intel is quite close (budget wise) now funnily enough.

You might also want to look at the second hand market, but again, prices are way up for CPU/GPUs atm and you might struggle to find anything decent that is mid-range and good price.

Associate
OP
That should be fine, it is all about what expectations you have from the system and how it will run on that TV. Do you want a monitor or you want to use your TV?

If you want a monitor, then you gotta pick a resolution you wanna play at and the build will revolve around that as well once more.

Lets forget 4k for now as it is out of budget and pretty much stupid.

1080p/high refresh rate (120-144hz) would be most likely super good for sports games

1440p - better for RPGs as better visuals.

I think a thousand pounds will most likely get you a nice 1080p starter build. Unfortunately at the moment prices are super bad so you will struggle to find either stock or MSRP.

Last year I would defo suggest you go for AMD, but Intel is quite close (budget wise) now funnily enough.

You might also want to look at the second hand market, but again, prices are way up for CPU/GPUs atm and you might struggle to find anything decent that is mid-range and good price.

Thanks for the help, I was thinking of getting this type of monitor https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gamin...ed-led-gaming-monitor-black-10202553-pdt.html

Associate
I have a monitor from same brand and it is working perfectly 7 years later.

This monitor is faster than 144 Hz, it is 165 Hz capable. A 27 inch monitor will be bigger than what you may have used for 1080P, so resolution may appear larger on the bigger screen, You may have to adjust text size in Windows 10. Free sync will be good for gaming and the monitor will qork faster than what you are used to. No ghosting with 0.8 MS.

Associate
OP
I have a monitor from same brand and it is working perfectly 7 years later.

This monitor is faster than 144 Hz, it is 165 Hz capable. A 27 inch monitor will be bigger than what you may have used for 1080P, so resolution may appear larger on the bigger screen, You may have to adjust text size in Windows 10. Free sync will be good for gaming and the monitor will qork faster than what you are used to. No ghosting with 0.8 MS.

brilliant Il take a look at that type of monitor then. Also without being a pain as I’m new to all this... with that monitor in mind what components would I need to achieve the best experience for gaming?? I know il need 16GB ram and il go for 1tb memory but what would you suggest for motherboard, cpu and gpu?

Associate
AMD 5600x CPU, £299.99.

Asus Tuf Gaming motherboard £149.99 ATX

DDR4 3200 MHz 16 or 32 Gig. £74.99 x 2

RTX 3060 Ti about £419.99, stock issues.

You can go cheaper, but you wanted a good gaming PC. Sorry at work so, have not done hotlinks.

Associate
OP
AMD 5600x CPU, £299.99.

Asus Tuf Gaming motherboard £149.99 ATX

DDR4 3200 MHz 16 or 32 Gig. £74.99 x 2

RTX 3060 Ti about £419.99, stock issues.

You can go cheaper, but you wanted a good gaming PC. Sorry at work so, have not done hotlinks.

thats brilliant thanks for your help pal

Back
Top Bottom