1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.0L 4-pot to 5.0L V8

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Abyss, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Abyss

Mobster

£15k, same as WBAC.

Cheers, yes it's got Mag ride (or at least it was listed in the advertised spec). How will I tell on the car itself when I pick it up?

The price was what convinced me, I'd always wanted one but couldn't justify the cost. When I saw it advertised I did some man maths though stuff it this is going to be the cheapest I will get to have a Mustang and lose less depreciation than buying one of the ex-demo new shape A6s I was looking at.

2. Gibbo

Commissario

The ride comfort will change:
    Wet: Normal, could be softer not sure, lazy throttle response, light steering, traction full on.
    Normal: Normal suspension, normal throttle response, medium steering, traction less on.
    Sport: Firmer, you will feel it, heavier steering, quick throttle response, traction even less.
    Track: Firmer again, same steering as sport, quick more linear throttle response, traction is off, stability dialled way back.
    Drag: Soft front, firm rear

Quite noticeable between the modes and you can set stuff like steering and exhaust independently and enjoy that digital dash its still the best digital dash I've seen on any car, Ford nailed that, better than what I've seen in Lamborghini which says something it is properly focused around driving and it is really customiseable with rev lights, gear change lights, colours, rev counter layouts, you will be amazed by it.

3. TripleT

Sgarrista

Hey, it must be boring selling Volvo's all day, need something interesting every now and then :p

Congrats enjoy.

4. Pudney

Soldato

How many miles do you get out of a tank?

5. Gibbo

Commissario

Depends how I drove it, I never cared, when it needed filling up it got filled up, some trips were 12-15mph, some were 35mpg.
    No one buys a V8 and worries about fuel or running cost, its just a bonus if it does better than expected.

6. Pudney

Soldato

I wasn't thinking of cost, just laziness and going to a petrol station :D

7. Gibbo

Commissario

Its never bothered me, but I am not lazy. :)

8. Abyss

Mobster

Cheers Gibbo. Good to hear the digital dash is great. I've got used to the Audi virtual cockpit so was expecting it to be a downgrade but sounds like that won't be the case! I will miss the google maps directly in front of me a bit on the Audi though.

Does anyone have a view on normal unleaded versus the higher octane options? At work there's a petrol station on the campus with Tesco Momentum price matched to normal unleadeds o I will be using Tesco Momentum when I fill up there, but realistically won't always be able to time it to just fill up at the office.

9. Gibbo

Commissario

Ford map them for 95 I believe, but I still always put Vpower in it.

10. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

So how are you finding it then?

11. Nasher

Capodecina

Was behind a white one on the way to work today. He was struggling a bit on the wet and muddy road :D

12. Gibbo

Commissario

Not only how is he finding it, WE NEED PICTURES and make a video of the different dash modes and the gear change indicators, be cool for people to see. :)

13. Datamonkey

Soldato

I love mine...
    and the black wheels :)

Lowered, wheels spaced by 25mm, AirAid induction, "Fake" Carbon side
    louvres and Roush Axel Back fitted.

Great sound and a great drive. MPG wise.... i get 13mpg on a fun day, 25mpg on a snow day! Mines my daily driver, and its still on the P-Zeros which while aren't great i have grown used to them :D

One of the last MY 15-17 cars so got it at a great price from the dealers in Bedford.

To answer some of the questions above re: miles to a tank, well as above on a fun day 220 miles if i'm lucky, usually 250 - 270 though. That's using normal supermarket fuel. I don't bother with 98+ Fuel, the engine runs fine on the junk they use in the states and doesn't need v-power or such here in the UK, of course your more than welcome to use that. I am not going to get into arguments over fuel, my wife works in the oil and gas industry, while some fuels do add additives I don't feel they are totally worth it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  14. Gibbo

Commissario

Better to just save images to your desktop, then use the forum uploader. :)

15. Pudney

Soldato

Had a sit in one at the weekend, really like the look inside. Hopefully test driving one in March, although given the dealership only has an Ecoboost model on show I'm hoping there'll be a proper one to test :D

16. Datamonkey

Soldato

Didnt know there was one!! will use that next time, cheers

17. NathWraith

Capodecina

Looks mega in white, especially with the black wheels.

18. Datamonkey

Soldato

Do it!! one of the first cars I can honestly say I always look back over my shoulder as I walk away from it!

19. kaiowas

Capodecina

Is that available to us plebs? Can't see any obvious way to use it.

20. Gibbo

Commissario

Ah, guess maybe its just an admin/don thing then, never knew, sorry. :)