2.1 or 5.1 home cinema recommendations please, must have standing speakers

Soldato
looking for a home cinema system with standing speakers. sound quality does have to be the best but still decent. and at least 2 hdmi inputs please. budget around 150£

thanks guys :)

after some hunting this popped up :)

Samsung HT-D423H let me know what you guys think :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I think you're going to struggle for much of a choice....

£150 kits rarely have 1 HDMI input let alone 2. That and floor-standing speakers...hmmmm

BTW, that end-of-line Samsung was £300 originally I think. Even that didn't have any HDMI inputs.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I think you're going to struggle for much of a choice....

£150 kits rarely have 1 HDMI input let alone 2. That and floor-standing speakers...hmmmm

BTW, that end-of-line Samsung was £300 originally I think. Even that didn't have any HDMI inputs.

yeh i know bit guttered i didnt pick up 2 of the LG bluray systems when tesco were doing them for £180 ....

any views on sound bars?

Associate
If I were you I would save a bit more until you can get a bit of a more decent system. You dont want to get something then 6 months down the line hear something else playing and wanting to up-grade again, just a thought though.

I was on a pretty tight budget to start with, was going to buy a second hand AV-amp, use old speakers I had for the time being with it. However speakers had the potential to damage the amp, saved a bit more and bought an Onkyo 5305 full system, came yesterday and I'm seriously happy with it so far.

Back
Top Bottom