2-3K Car high MPG what would you recommend

Associate
Looking for a car 2-3k with high mpg certainly in the 50+ and fairly reliable. Does anyone have any ideas of were to start looking? The car will be used to get too and from work mainly motorway miles, doesnt have to be a pocket rocket. Just looking to get a car that is cheap fairly reliable, doesnt cost a lot to tax and doesnt cost me a packet in fuel (aren't we all)

Thanks

Soldato
I think it's LOW mpg you want mate not high :)

He wants high MPG (i.e. low fuel consumption), not the other way round. :p

I'd be looking for a 1.6 Focus or 2.0 Mondeo for that budget, personally. Might not quite hit 50mpg but decent all-rounders for the money.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not really - he wants more miles per gallon of fuel. Lower consumption, higher mpg figure.

Is there a reason for really needing the 50+? You're probably best looking for any VAG 1.9tdi - rough but willing and pretty reliable too. Octavia or Toledo would get you the youngest car for your cash.

Soldato
Last edited:
Caporegime
Soldato
Associate
£2k '52 Ibiza TDI 9 months MOT, 11 months tax, serviced tomorrow? :D

That Focus doesn't look overly cheap to me, £2.8k for a 7 year old petrol Focus isn't pushing it out too far. What I don't understand is the number of Mk2 1.6 TDCI's between £2-3k. I realise a good number of them are going to be nails... but where's the people-want-diesels markup? Surely they should at least be more expensive than the petrols?

Soldato
Thanks for the replies looks like its the Primera for me then - Once again thanks very much :D

I did 300k in mine before it went poof (turbo went, engine sucked in the oil and revved up to 10k, not a thing i could do to stop it) it was the original turbo from new so not too shabby imo.

Other than the above top notch, and the colour reversing camera is great for tight spots.

Back
Top Bottom