• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

£2.69999K for a 3090? WTF

Associate
When they are talking about GPU shipments that includes integrated graphics on CPUs.

If you read my link it shows NVidia's discrete Graphics cards shrink by 7.3% in the last quarter.
"The GPU’s overall attach rate (which includes integrated and discrete GPUs, desktop, notebook, and workstations) to PCs for the quarter was"
thats from your link!
i did, your link includes notebooks/workstations and the works. im talking discrete only. in any case lets agree to disagree and you can prove me wrong when the stand alone discrete figures are announced :D

Man of Honour
"The GPU’s overall attach rate (which includes integrated and discrete GPUs, desktop, notebook, and workstations) to PCs for the quarter was"
thats from your link!
i did, your link includes notebooks/workstations and the works. im talking discrete only. in any case lets agree to disagree and you can prove me wrong when the stand alone discrete figures are announced :D

NVidia only make discrete GPUs.

Here is part of the link I posted earlier.

5dme9wM.jpg

The amount of cards they sold in the last quarter reduced by 7.3%

Associate
NVidia only make discrete GPUs.

Here is part of the link I posted earlier.

5dme9wM.jpg

The amount of cards they sold in the last quarter reduced by 7.3%
they also put them in laptops and workstations... and the section above that states the fact - above the bit you just posted, you are picking certain parts out and taking it out of context and ignoring the other bits... again directly in your link "which includes integrated and discrete GPUs, desktop, notebook, and workstations to PCs for the quarter was"
thats from your link! nvidia make items that go in all of the above products!!! give me numbers from nvidia and il believe you.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/nvidia-hits-new-highs-in-gpu-sales-as-ampere-dominates-amd-big-navi#:~:text=In total, Nvidia shipped over,of close to 1.9 million.
another link for you. stating market share is at an all time high of 83% its never been that high. not since 18 where it was 80%..

https://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nvidia-announces-financial-results-for-fourth-quarter-and-fiscal-2021#:~:text=NVIDIA Announces Financial Results for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2021,-Wednesday, February 24&text=NVIDIA today reported record revenue,billion in the previous quarter.

Gaming

• Fourth-quarter revenue was a record $2.50 billion, up 10 percent from the previous quarter and up 67 percent from a year earlier. Full-year revenue was a record $7.76 billion, up 41 percent.
  • Announced the company’s biggest-ever laptop launch, with 70+ new laptops for gamers and creators, powered by NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 30 Series Laptop GPUs.
  • Expanded the GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs with 60-class offerings — the most popular in the company’s gaming lineup — including the GeForce RTX 3060, starting at just $329, featuring NVIDIA RTX™ ray tracing, NVIDIA DLSS, NVIDIA Reflex and NVIDIA Broadcast.
  • Increased momentum for NVIDIA RTX adoption, now available in 36 new titles, including Minecraft, Fortnite and Cyberpunk 2077.
“Demand for GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs is incredible. NVIDIA RTX has started a major upgrade cycle as gamers jump to ray tracing, DLSS and AI.

all from q4 20 and q1, the lifecycle has only just begun and its already beaking records for them, give it the full 10 series lifecycle to see what happens and even if it isn't outselling 10 series it will do.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
they also put them in laptops and workstations... and the section above that states the fact - above the bit you just posted, you are picking certain parts out and taking it out of context and ignoring the other bits... again directly in your link "which includes integrated and discrete GPUs, desktop, notebook, and workstations to PCs for the quarter was"
thats from your link! nvidia make items that go in all of the above products!!! give me numbers from nvidia and il believe you.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/nvidia-hits-new-highs-in-gpu-sales-as-ampere-dominates-amd-big-navi#:~:text=In total, Nvidia shipped over,of close to 1.9 million.
another link for you. stating market share is at an all time high of 83% its never been that high. not since 18 where it was 80%..

https://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nvidia-announces-financial-results-for-fourth-quarter-and-fiscal-2021#:~:text=NVIDIA Announces Financial Results for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2021,-Wednesday, February 24&text=NVIDIA today reported record revenue,billion in the previous quarter.

Gaming

• Fourth-quarter revenue was a record $2.50 billion, up 10 percent from the previous quarter and up 67 percent from a year earlier. Full-year revenue was a record $7.76 billion, up 41 percent.
  • Announced the company’s biggest-ever laptop launch, with 70+ new laptops for gamers and creators, powered by NVIDIA GeForce RTX™ 30 Series Laptop GPUs.
  • Expanded the GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs with 60-class offerings — the most popular in the company’s gaming lineup — including the GeForce RTX 3060, starting at just $329, featuring NVIDIA RTX™ ray tracing, NVIDIA DLSS, NVIDIA Reflex and NVIDIA Broadcast.
  • Increased momentum for NVIDIA RTX adoption, now available in 36 new titles, including Minecraft, Fortnite and Cyberpunk 2077.
“Demand for GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs is incredible. NVIDIA RTX has started a major upgrade cycle as gamers jump to ray tracing, DLSS and AI.

all from q4 20 and q1, the lifecycle has only just begun and its already beaking records for them, give it the full 10 series lifecycle to see what happens and even if it isn't outselling 10 series it will do.

It does not matter where they put them, they are GPUs and they sold less than the quarter before.

Associate
No contradiction.

-7.3% I agree with.
https://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nvidia-announces-financial-results-for-fourth-quarter-and-fiscal-2021#:~:text=NVIDIA Announces Financial Results for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2021,-Wednesday, February 24&text=NVIDIA today reported record revenue,billion in the previous quarter
where does it say that unless ive missed it?

Wednesday, February 24, 2021
  • Record quarterly and full-year revenue for company, Gaming and Data Center
Gaming

sorry but il take nvidias word over anywhere else...

Man of Honour
https://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nvidia-announces-financial-results-for-fourth-quarter-and-fiscal-2021#:~:text=NVIDIA Announces Financial Results for Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2021,-Wednesday, February 24&text=NVIDIA today reported record revenue,billion in the previous quarter
where does it say that unless ive missed it?

Wednesday, February 24, 2021
  • Record quarterly and full-year revenue for company, Gaming and Data Center
sorry but il take nvidias word over anywhere else...

Revenue and volume of SKUs produced are different things.

NVidia have made more revenue in the last quarter by producing less product at a higher margin.

Associate
Revenue and volume of SKUs produced are different things.

NVidia have made more revenue in the last quarter by producing less product at a higher margin.
yes i understand that but you are saying -7.3% is what units sold based on what from where? are these nvidia published figures. baring in mind 2000 series is last quarter and more expensive than 3000 series. you seem to be comparing 3000 to 1000 but using revenue from 2000. in anycase its all speculation from my pov that nvidia have sold more 3000 than 2000 or 1000.

Soldato
Just seeing if there was stock on any cards and came across this, holy crap!

▷ KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 HOF Premium 24GB GDDR6X… | OcUK (overclockers.co.uk)

Is anyone on earth going to actually buy this card???

That card is starting to look cheap at that price after todays round of 3090 card drops at other retailers.. The ASUS TUF 3090 a £1400 card is now selling out in seconds for £2300 :eek:. So this card should be over £3k by other retailers pricing of 3090s now :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
Permabanned
That card is starting to look cheap at that price after todays round of 3090 drops cards at other retailers.. The ASUS TUF 3090 a £1400 card is now selling out in seconds for £2300 :eek:. So this card should be over £3k by other retailers pricing of 3090s now :rolleyes:.

Jesus! I have the TUF 3090 and paid £1650 which now seems like a bloody bargain but before anyone pipes up I know its not a bargain but I'm fine with it as I love it to bits.

Soldato
Jesus! I have the TUF 3090 and paid £1650 which now seems like a bloody bargain but before anyone pipes up I know its not a bargain but I'm fine with it as I love it to bits.

Yup sad reality and from April seems peoples bills (elec/gas) are going up almost 10% too, had a nice letter threw the post today to let me know prices are going up, well who do we thank for that one ? Brexit ? this government that has been taking us for a ride since they came into office or fuel bills that clearly have been costing people more since covid as trapped at home and now with lockdown soon ending the fuel companies are wanting higher profits from less people at home soon.

Everything is going to cost more soon thanks to the mentality of this government and the people that voted for Brexit, so time to pay the piper.

Permabanned
Yup sad reality and from April seems peoples bills (elec/gas) are going up almost 10% too, had a nice letter threw the post today to let me know prices are going up, well who do we thank for that one ? Brexit ? this government that has been taking us for a ride since they came into office or fuel bills that clearly have been costing people more since covid as trapped at home and now with lockdown soon ending the fuel companies are wanting higher profits from less people at home soon.

Everything is going to cost more soon thanks to the mentality of this government and the people that voted for Brexit, so time to pay the piper.

Seems you share my viewpoints there mate. A lot of people cut their own noses of to spite their faces as long as those pesky immigrants get nowt! Government needs to be held accountable for the damage they have done to the country but we all know they will be fine.

Soldato
Seems you share my viewpoints there mate. A lot of people cut their own noses of to spite their faces as long as those pesky immigrants get nowt! Government needs to be held accountable for the damage they have done to the country but we all know they will be fine.
Same retailer just put up some 3080s, cheapest was £1.1k and all the rest were £1.3k, basically now a 3080 costs soon the same as a 3090 FE MSRP, soon will be £1.5K for a 3080 at the speed they sold out at £1.3k. people said 3090 FE was expensive :rolleyes: when they came out.

3070s were £850 starting and 3060ti £700 starting price. :eek: Basically all cards have jumped up 1 or more price tiers, so a 3080 is soon 3090 price and 3070 is way more than a 3080 now and so on. 3090s soon £2.5k starters and £3k for higher end standard models, kingpin level cards etc £3.5k+.

Associate
Anyone reckon there will be a tremendous race to the bottom for pricing once the shortage ends? Will the second hand market completely obliterate the new market for the 3000/6000 series cards?

Soldato
Anyone reckon there will be a tremendous race to the bottom for pricing once the shortage ends? Will the second hand market completely obliterate the new market for the 3000/6000 series cards?

I doubt it. Prices will stay high even when mining starts to fail. This generation will be remembered as the generation that had fake MSRP and prices that kept going up and staying high. Next generation is going to be comical, because Nvidia and AMD have seen what people are willing to pay now even at over double MSRP for a card. Welcome to the new pricing and the world of Brexit and Tory government to make everyone poor while they give out 1% pay rises, while the real world pricing for everything has gone threw the roof.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
curious why you blaming brexit for higher prices ? or you just got an axe to grind and will blame the gov/brexit for everything ?

nope, unless a few things happen all at once we wont see rrp till end of year if at all this year. you would need stock levels to jump up AND a bitcoin crash across all currencies to encourage mining ops to shut down and sell off their cards. and even then id be surprised if rrp was hit within 6 months.

Permabanned
Same retailer just put up some 3080s, cheapest was £1.1k and all the rest were £1.3k, basically now a 3080 costs soon the same as a 3090 FE MSRP, soon will be £1.5K for a 3080 at the speed they sold out at £1.3k. people said 3090 FE was expensive :rolleyes: when they came out.

3070s were £850 starting and 3060ti £700 starting price. :eek: Basically all cards have jumped up 1 or more price tiers, so a 3080 is soon 3090 price and 3070 is way more than a 3080 now and so on. 3090s soon £2.5k starters and £3k for higher end standard models, kingpin level cards etc £3.5k+.

Theres a post up from a couple of hours ago where someones talking £1400 for a 3060 (non Ti) for £1400. Thats more than a price bracket, thats 4!

Back
Top Bottom