1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

2 days left of 28 day RMA

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Milescross88, 10 May 2019.

1. Apone70

Wise Guy

Oh my god this doesn't make good reading

2. Kirby Wurm

Wise Guy

That's very poor. Hopefully an OCUK member will post on Monday to explain the issue.

3. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

I'd edit the comments about waterblocks being on a card !!!!

Also thought you had the Aorus (get gigabyte sub brand) version not Gigabyte . Luckily if a few Gaming OC in stock

Gigabyte don't use warranty stickers on screws and stickers and unofficially don't mind waterblocks on cards if there is not Physical damage to card...
    Resellers on the other hand may be able to play that card, specially when they offer a service to fit blocks, test and ship them on here...

Last edited: 13 May 2019
  4. Gabbatek

Wise Guy

I bet on monday this thread either gets locked or vanishes.

[​IMG]

If you get a refund, you probably have to wait like 7 working days as well.

Ocuk should personally bring you the replacement card and fit it for you.

5. Wizzkidy

Wise Guy

This is typical service from OCUK and have seen thread after thread about this happening in the past, I only use OCUK for small things these days.

No excuse for this type of thing.

It's always on very expensive items that this happens

6. subbytna

Capodecina

Daaaaauuuuuuum that's poor. Someone need to step up and sort this for you.

7. Milescross88

Associate

Yep hope so. I’m just going to wait till Monday now and hope someone gets back to me (by 12 o’clock) then I’m making phone calls lol

8. Loxa

Wise Guy

This is why i hate RMA's, makes me cringe.

9. Liamz51

Gangster

I hope not, would love to hear an explanation for this. Difficult to imagine one that would be satisfactory.

10. Efour

Caporegime

Bare faced lies from ocuk shop staff. A sign that no one had a clue what was going on. That's embarrassing.
    Im confident you will get a full replacement tomorrow but that 28 day wait...to have the original returned, ROFL... Armature hour.

11. JonnyG1982

Gangster

I had problems with my first build with ocuk but that was wayyy back in 2001. Believe it's better these days but Every thing I've bought since from them worked fine so no experience of RMA with them.

Though when it comes to returns i will say it's a shame BFG disappeared. I had a 7800gt start artifacting after a few months use. I sent it back next day delivery. I got a new card in like 5 days with the postman apologising for the delay!!! He explained it had accidentally been sat in the post room a few days. So basically it sounds like BFG must of received it, tested it & sent new one same day/next day. Awesome customer service!

12. Kirby Wurm

Wise Guy

I remember reading great things about their customer service and that kind of anecdote I've heard before. Are KFA in any way related?

13. Bailey

Commissario

Hey Guys

So sorry to hear of this issue, I no longer work in RMA but I will pass this to the technical manager to take a look into and get in touch!

Thanks

Bailey

14. Milescross88

Associate

15. Bailey

Commissario

16. Bicepo

OcUK Staff

Hi Milescross,

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've had with your recent RMA. To try and explain the situation, We simply returned the card back to you as it had been sent back to us from Gigabyte, with the understanding that the card had been repaired. Unfortunately our returns system is a little inflexible when it comes to the terminology of the RMA outcomes. After 28days we will send it back to manufacturer and it is then up to them to either repair or replace. Gigaman might be able to explain more of the RMA proceedure at Gigabyte, as he is better placed to do so than I am.

To deal with the matter at hand, I've got your RMA details from the info you posted up earlier, I'll setup a new RMA for you, we will replace with one from our stock. I will then take this up with our Gigabyte rep. I hope this will solve the problem for you?

17. Milescross88

Associate

Yes a replacement will be fine I have a new address now from the number 10 where you sent the original card I have updated my account to show my new address it’s now the number 38 address please make sure the new card goes to this address. If it’s easier I can ring you

Thanks miles

18. Bicepo

OcUK Staff

Hi,

Are all the other details the same? I'll update that for you now. I'll send you an email confirmation for the RMA also.

Chris

19. Milescross88

Associate

Yes everything else is the same just the address

Thanks

20. Bicepo

OcUK Staff

Hi Sorry, so just the house number has changed? If more than that pop a new thread in the CS forum, the information in their is held confidentially rather than public.

Chris