2 x HD6850 or H70?

Soldato
ok, so should have some spare money at the end of the month, would i be better getting a second HD6850 or a H70 and trying to push my overclock or atleast have the 3.9GHz not on the boundary of max temps? or is there anything else in my system the money would be better spent on?

Soldato
i use it mainly as a media player, followed by gaming and then the occasional video conversion and editing.
SSD seems a bit expensive for what i would gain from it.
CPU is unlocked to tri-core, would i notice a difference in going quad?
is XFire pretty widely supported now if i stuck in a second card?

Soldato
I'd do a couple of searches for any micro-stutter issues with xfire 6850's, as I believe this is what your most likely issue is going to be :s

kd

ok, before i did my raid0 and fresh install, i was getting tearing in some games, but im not sure what the cause of this was. i have since then reinstalled windows and put cpu back to stock to see if problems goes, but not had time to properly test it, will give it a bash tonight. the worst tearing was in fifa11, the halfway line was never a line, just a jaggered mess.
i saw a thread yesturday that sort of explained tearing being down to the FPS and refresh rate, but it baffled me as to how i would diagnose the problem if it was still there. but like i say, i hope its just down to the fact the cpu would go to 64 C when gaming.

Soldato
problem seemed to be i had the rendering to full in fifa11 lowered that and no more tearing. would a second card solve this im not sure if it support Xfire but there is a tickbox to resolve microstuttering in its settings? also how do i force v-sync in CCC 11.2?
also to throw into the mix, another 8GB of ram, benificial or is 8GB enough? or maybe swap mine for 2x4GB 1600MHz and maybe that would allow a greater OC, but without a cooler would only be a dual core OC as tri-core bumps temps up too high.

Last edited:
Top Bottom