2 x HX1000W buzzing from 300w power draw an I just unlucky

Associate
So upgraded to an HX1000W a week or so ago from a seasonic gx750w to allow me to start playing about and pulling more power.

1st one arrived and from 300w ish sounds like I have a bee's nest in the room. Used a DB meter on my phone and the buzzing is approx 30db over the back ground noise of the PC fans.

Replacement arrived today. Installed it and it's exactly the same.

Have checked and definitely the PSU as enough cable length to have it out of case and noise is from PSU and not GPU. Also starts buzzing before the fan spins so happy it's not the fan running.

Am I just unlucky and it's a dodgy batch(serial no is sequential between the 2 I have) or is this something I have to expect?

In comparison the seasonic when of full load was almost silent with a slight buzz occasionally if power draw spiked.

This was not bought from overclockers. Think next course of action is to go through corsair RMA process to see if I get a quiet one.

Thanks

Associate
My new HX-1000 is dead silent, no issues. As you say, below 500W the fan shouldn't even be spinning. If you got the replacement from the same shop, maybe it was part of the same bad batch?

Associate
OP
No fans not spinning so purely electrical noise as had the PSU’s remote from the case to confirm that it is them making the electric buzzing.

appears i have had a bad batch.

Back
Top Bottom