20-25 quid quiet cooler for i5 2400?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Hi, i havent installed my i5 2400 yet, waiting for a case but im sure that box cooling will be louder than a 25 pound cooler so its my question is there a point?
I might OC to 3.6-3.8.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Associate
FFS...I just got a 612S for £32, typical. :D Would have ordered that True Spirit right away.

Definitely that one for that price, really good!

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
FFS...I just got a 612S for £32, typical. :D Would have ordered that True Spirit right away.

Definitely that one for that price, really good!

You can cancel your order if it hasnt been sent to you.
Any way theres a law that in 10 days if you dont like the item you can return it.
Im buying this also a futureproof product.
Or should i just wait in till haswell comes out?

Last edited:
Associate
I've already installed it, it came next day as usual thanks to overclockers. :) Just would have picked the True 140 hands down.

If your case is going to be louder just wait till Haswell.

I think the stock heatsink would cope with that overclock tbh. Can always wait it out? You have free postage anyway why not just order after you try overclock with the stock hsf?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I've already installed it, it came next day as usual thanks to overclockers. :) Just would have picked the True 140 hands down.

If your case is going to be louder just wait till Haswell.

I think the stock heatsink would cope with that overclock tbh. Can always wait it out? You have free postage anyway why not just order after you try overclock with the stock hsf?

I want silent PC since the one im on right now is really loud like a hair dryer or vacum cleaner!

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Antec p280 will be adding bitfenix spectre or corsair af quiet in future. Pc power & cooling psu which is quiet. GPU from gigabyte or msi - i havent made my decision yet...
HDD WD 750GB blue

Associate
Not sure I rate AF120 very highly..They are too loud at 1300rpm at 1100rpm they aren't bad though. I really want to get some Gentle Typhoons..probably 1150's. :)

Associate
I use a Xigmatek Gaia on my i5 3570K in a Coolermaster Silencio 550 case. It run's pretty much silent, though these are not the best case's if you plan to do any serious overclocking.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I use a Xigmatek Gaia on my i5 3570K in a Coolermaster Silencio 550 case. It run's pretty much silent, though these are not the best case's if you plan to do any serious overclocking.

I dont want to OC i just want quiet gaming system.
I like to watch films and sometimes when i had my old build it was too loud...
GPU fans etc.
If i wanted to OC i would go for something like cooler master Haf series

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom