<£200 phones for children

Soldato
Hi all,

I haven't been up with latest mobile phone for some time so I thought I would pop on here and ask.

I plan to get both my daughters (10 and 14) new phones for Christmas, it will be the first phone for the youngest but the eldest currently has her mums old cracked Samsung S8 after her battery decided to swell in her Huawei

Ideally I would like to stick with stock android so the Nokia 5.4 has been popping up a lot for me but seems to get destroyed in reviews by things such as Redmi and other phones, I've used my OnePlus 7T for a while now and I'm still very happy with it so I haven't really looked at other phones for some time.

I would prefer to go new but the eldest may be happy with used if in good condition, I would prefer android and given the budget I know that's pretty much the only option anyway.

Main priority would be compatibility with apps (I don't know if it is still a thing but having the Exynos in an old Samsung meant certain games were incompatible) and a camera upgrade for my eldest as she loves doing her videos and is doing photography and art for GCSE

Open for suggestions, budget would ideally be under £200 each but can be stretched, youngest would be a new contract (three) anyway so I know I may be able to get a decent deal on that but eldest already has one so I would prefer to buy at least one of the phones outright.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Pixel 4a is a great shout.

I recently got my 10year old daughter a iphone 8 in excellent condition for £140.

She wanted iphone, most of her friends have iphone (from iphone 6s to 8plus) and its all about imessage/facetime :o

Associate
Possibly the Poco F3 5G although its a bit over budget.
Got one for my daughter and its a great bit of kit for the price Snapdragon 870 and excellent 120hz screen.

Back
Top Bottom