£200 to spend on new acoustic guitar

Associate
I have played the guitar for around 1.5 years now, and am looking to get a new acoustic...My question is, should i go electro acoustic or not with an amp? I am not in a band so it's probably not worth it, what you think guys?

Soldato
I have played the guitar for around 1.5 years now, and am looking to get a new acoustic...My question is, should i go electro acoustic or not with an amp? I am not in a band so it's probably not worth it, what you think guys?

A decent acoustic IMO. TBH I think you have to play something before you buy it, so any advice on a model would be pointless.

Good luck on choosing one though

Associate
£200 is an awkward amount to spend on an acoustic. I'd either spend a touch more on a real quality guitar or if that's not an option then go second hand.

Soldato
My guitar cost under £200 and is easily the best ive ever heard. I dont undertsand how i have got so lucky. I would definitley recommend the stagg sw201BLS-VT its dirt cheap and you really wouldnt dare buy one as an improvment, but i love it :p. Its an electro acoustic aswell, or atleast mine is and yeah gnerally just a very nice electro acoustic that i occasionally use in band situations too

Caporegime
I'd go for an Epiphone for that money, or possibly a low end Yamaha or Fender.

Try plenty before you make a decision, mind you.

Ex-display can be a good way to drive prices down - I got my electro-acoustic for £300 on a list price of £465 because it was ex-display.

Associate
you certainly have to play as many as possible to get a feel for which one is right for you.

I paid around £300 for a Taylor Big Baby which I think sounds superb. I was also impressed with the crafter range which I thought were reasonably priced and excellent sounding.

Associate
My guitar cost under £200 and is easily the best ive ever heard. I dont undertsand how i have got so lucky. I would definitley recommend the stagg sw201BLS-VT its dirt cheap and you really wouldnt dare buy one as an improvment, but i love it :p. Its an electro acoustic aswell, or atleast mine is and yeah gnerally just a very nice electro acoustic that i occasionally use in band situations too
I've got a Stagg dreadnought and absolutely love it. I've played Takamines and Taylors that aren't half as bright as it is.

Back
Top Bottom