£2000 build ? And £1000 monitor

Associate
Hi, asked a few months about this but never got around with doing things and money been tight.

but the time has come could somebody spec me a £2000 build don’t need mouse or keyboard, also a £1000 monitor.

want to be able to do 4K if that’s possible?

thanks

Soldato
Found this monitor it is out of stock at the moment but it looks good and hopefully it will be back in stock soon it is 4k IPS and 144hz https://www.overclockers.co.uk/acer...en-led-gaming-monitor-mo-14c-ac.html#comments

Yes, it's a great monitor; mine serves me very well. :)

You've already chosen the right monitor so I'll just build the PC:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,635.62 (includes shipping: £14.70)

Upgrades would be more cores on the CPU and a X570 motherboard (in which case you can upgrade to a Gen 4 NVME drive).

Total: £1,900.62 (includes shipping: £14.70)​

Soldato
4K gaming mostly new and old games really
Older gamer are well possible, but newer heavier games will require lowering settings to get higher framerates.
And as for raytracing you can just forget that.
No matter how overpriced, there's not a single GPU capable to it well at high resolutions.
What Nvidia's marketing "forgets" to tell is that use of raytracing crashes down performance of RTX cards in MCAS 737 MAX style with 30-50% framerate loss.
Already 2560x1440 would require dropping settings to get high framerates.

Best time to buy expensive GPU would be some time after summer when new GPUs should be out and we hopefully have CPU like competition also in graphics cards.
Right now prices are in upper half similar to Intel stagnation era in performance per price.

Soldato
Are you set on 4K ? How about a widescreen monitor as another option ?

You could get a 2080 ti as well with this budget. Not the best value, but just showing you what is possible.

The monitor has been available before, although it states pre-order. You would have to ask ocuk what the score is with it.

Total: £2,870.65 (includes shipping: £20.82)

Soldato
also a £1000 monitor.

want to be able to do 4K if that’s possible?
While there are some higher refresh rate capable 3840x2160 monitors, choises are limited to smallish 27".
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...atible-hdr400-widescreen-gamin-mo-0an-as.html

For some reason 32" size isn't even getting proper selection of 2560x1440 models with only high refresh rate ones being so far VA panels.

Found this monitor it is out of stock at the moment but it looks good and hopefully it will be back in stock soon it is 4k IPS and 144hz https://www.overclockers.co.uk/acer...en-led-gaming-monitor-mo-14c-ac.html#comments
G-Sync only monitors aren't good in any rational scale.

Soldato
why ? Would I be better dropping down to 2k ? With my budget!

No. The Acer Nitro 4K monitor is wonderful. And you don't need a 2080 Ti to run it (though I do have one myself). If you want to experiment with GPU-stressors like RTX you can easily drop down to 1080p.

BTW I misread the monitor you originally chose. The one you want - which I have - is this one:

Total: £911.09 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

The bulk of those denigrating 4k haven't tried it and are speaking from ignorance. I've been happily gaming at 4K for many years. I started off with a 780 Ti.

The choice between 4k and ultrawide is a fine one. I have both and some games play better on one and others on the other. Driving games in particular benefit from the ultrawide format.

Associate
OP
No. The Acer Nitro 4K monitor is wonderful. And you don't need a 2080 Ti to run it (though I do have one myself). If you want to experiment with GPU-stressors like RTX you can easily drop down to 1080p.

BTW I misread the monitor you originally chose. The one you want - which I have - is this one:

Total: £911.09 (includes shipping: £11.10)

The bulk of those denigrating 4k haven't tried it and are speaking from ignorance. I've been happily gaming at 4K for many years. I started off with a 780 Ti.

The choice between 4k and ultrawide is a fine one. I have both and some games play better on one and others on the other. Driving games in particular benefit from the ultrawide format.

Thanks, I’m confused now will you do me a basket what I need to buy ! With the best build for my budget please. Got all confused now with the different baskets sorry

Back
Top Bottom