200cm + tv unit

Soldato
Hey guys,

I’m looking to get a new solution for my 65” tv and Xbox..but cannot find any units that are over 200cm.

can someone please recommend a website that will cater for the large / custom units.

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the input guys.

I have measured best with for me to be around 220cm width, and I have ordered two symmetrical units that are 108cm each to give me 216cm total.

plus it works out cheaper than one unit.

will update once setup as I have a sound system to revamp to be used with the tv / Xbox.

Soldato
OP
Quick update.

my amplifier and remote doesn’t work.

I hooked the optical to the amp from tv, and all I get is cracking and hissing, and remote stopped after 5 minutes :mad: serves me right.

I have ordered a decent one from Richer Sounds, and hopefully get it before Christmas, only positive I suppose is that the return process is easy enough..

and again, I’m still waiting for my units for my new setup, but really wanted the sound sorted for the few days before I got it :(

such is life...

Soldato
OP
Hey guys,

received my new amp this morning. But cannot get it to work for the life of me.

it’s connected optical to my TV, but I get nothing but static on the speakers.

now, my soundbar works fine on the TV optical port, it’s a new cable, new speaker cable and a new amp..could it be the speakers? I’m not sure as they are new also..

Soldato
OP
Change of plan, ordered a good set of active speakers, hopefully they will be ok. If not it could be the tv on the blink? :( Hope not.

Soldato
OP
Had another go just there. Got it working :)

im an idiot, messed about with settings on the TV and boom! Sound :)

all I need now is to wait for my new tv units to arrive and we’re golden :D

will update when done, no point the now, it’s is with “temporary” cable management! Lol!

Soldato
OP
Quick question,

im getting a slight bit of delay (the audio out of sync), what can I do to improve this?

i have my optical and speaker cable with extra length, will a 2m optical (reduced from 3m) and my speaker cable cut down from 5m each, to 3m each help at all?

Associate
Length of cables will make no difference to the delay. Depending on the source that has the delay there may be a way of setting an audio delay on it so that the sound re syncs.

Soldato
OP
Length of cables will make no difference to the delay. Depending on the source that has the delay there may be a way of setting an audio delay on it so that the sound re syncs.

thanks for the reply, ok, I will leave the cabling as is. I did manage to go into the settings on the TV and adjust the audio sync / delay and that’s sorted it.

Back
Top Bottom